Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight is not a recipe—it’s an experience. Am I exaggerating? Absolutely not! A chocolate chip cookie base is topped with a layer of sweet, fluffy cream cheese, then a layer of creamy instant pudding prepared pie mix style with cool whip.
Spread whipped topping over the whole shebang and sprinkle with garnishes like chocolate curls and nuts for a knock-your-socks-off dessert that everyone will love.
The Best Way to Use Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
Sure, you can use chocolate chip cookie dough to make cookies, but once you try this Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight recipe, you’re going to want to whip this up whenever you’ve got a tube of cookie dough in the fridge. Think of it as chocolate chip cookie meets cream cheese frosting meets pie. How can you go wrong?!
I love bringing Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight to a potluck and watching people ooh-and-ahh over the creamy layers and chewy cookie base—and yes, they’re all going to request the recipe too. I have some ideas up my sleeve for variations, but in all honesty, my family loves this one so much, it’s hard not to just make it again and again.
Chocolate Chip Delight Recipe
When it comes to actually making this recipe, you’re going to have to allow yourself some time. The assembly itself is easy—you bake the cookie base, then simply layer the cream cheese and pudding layers over the top—but it does need some time to set up so it’s not a big ol’ mess when you cut into it. At least 8 hours, or overnight, is best, so I recommend putting your Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight together the night before you plan on serving it.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight:
- Refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough – Buy the kind that comes in a tube, then press it into your baking pan.
- Cream cheese – This gives you a layer that’s reminiscent of cream cheese frosting.
- Confectioners’ sugar – For the aforementioned frosting-esque layer.
- Frozen whipped topping – Cool Whip blesses everything it touches.
- Instant pudding mix – You’ll need a box of vanilla pudding mix and a box of chocolate; they’re combined for a creamy, silky layer of deliciousness.
You can top Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight with chocolate curls, chopped walnuts, and mini chocolate chips if you like. It’s up to you!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight
Preheat the oven to 350ºF and take out a 13×9-inch baking pan. No need to grease it!
2. Make the Cookie Base
Open up the tube of cookie dough and press it into the baking pan. Bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown, and let it cool on a wire rack.
3. Make the Cream Cheese Layer
While the cookie base is cooling, beat the cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl, then fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread this mixture over the chocolate chip cookie once it’s cooled.
4. Make the Pudding Layer
Beat with a hand mixer, the milk and pudding mixes for two minutes, then pour this over the cream cheese layer. Top with the remaining whipped topping and garnish.
5. Refrigerate and Serve
Cover the baking dish and place it in the refrigerator. Chill until firm, about 8 hours or overnight.
Does Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight need to be refrigerated?
Yes, you should store Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight in the refrigerator. Not only will it spoil if kept on the countertop, it will become a mushy mess that’s hard to serve neatly.
What kind of milk do you need to make Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight?
The pudding layer needs to be thick and creamy, which means you should use 2 percent or whole milk. Skim milk will be too watery.
More Instant Pudding Dessert Ideas
Why use instant pudding to make pudding when you can make these amazing desserts instead?
- Chocolate Cream Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- No-Bake Oreo Dessert
- No-Bake Pumpkin Pie
- No-Bake Banana Split Pie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight
- 1 tube -16-1/2 ounces - refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 12 oz frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups cold 2% milk
- 3.4 oz instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- Let cookie dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° until golden brown, 14-16 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Spread evenly over cookie dough crust.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping. Sprinkle with nuts and chocolate curls if desired.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, 8 hours or overnight.