If you’re looking for a way to use up all those zucchini that are popping up in your garden, then I have a recipe for you!
Zucchini Carrot Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting!
These delicious and mostly good for you bars are a great way to start your week off right! Using fresh ingredients, you can feel good about having these Zucchini Carrot Bars for breakfast, snack or even a dessert!
They’re so good that even the kids love them and never know that they’re packed full of good stuff – including lots of veggies! Completely homemade with whole wheat flour, honey, zucchini and carrots, they’re better than a boxed mix any day!
You could easily add your own mix of veggies to these bars for what you have on hand! Make sure to try these Zucchini Carrot Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting soon! You’re gonna love them! Make sure to PIN this recipe to share with your friends, too! Just click the “P” that shows up when you hover over the images above!
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup canola oil OR coconut oil - both are equally good!
- 1/4 cup local honey - store bought is OK too
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrot
- 1 1/4 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat unbleached flour - I use King Arthur's.
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, blend with wisk attachment -eggs, brown sugar, oil, honey, and vanilla.
- Fold in the carrot and zucchini
- In another bowl combine add the flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix until just blended
- Add by 1/2 cup at a time flour mixture to the wet mixture. Blend just until combined.
- Spread batter into a 13x9 pan.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Pipe the frosting over cut bars.
*recipe adapted from a Pinterest Pin from Real Mom Kitchen