These easy cheeseburger sliders are a single-handed version of a classic burger! They’re perfect for a party or for a kid-approved dinner.
If you’ve been reading All Things Mamma for a while, you know that I love sliders. If you make them for a get-together, they’re always bound to disappear, but they’re also a family-friendly weeknight meal, too. Basically, you can’t go wrong! And you especially can’t go wrong when you make these cheeseburger sliders—they’re everything you love about burgers in a miniaturized form!
Easy Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
I was recently browsing through my slider recipes looking for some game day inspiration and I realized that I never posted a recipe for cheeseburger sliders, which are the original type of slider! While my family loves French dip sliders, pizza Sliders, meatball sliders and Philly cheesesteak sliders, you can’t forget about the classic cheeseburger slider, right?
I think I prefer cheeseburger sliders to actual cheeseburgers because instead of fussing with forming the ground beef into patties, you simply brown the beef in a skillet and transfer it to the bottom half of the Hawaiian rolls. The mayo and cheese (lots of it!) help hold the sliders together.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Lean ground beef – Ground turkey or a plant-based ground meat substitute will work too.
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Olive oil
- White onion – A yellow onion will work, too.
- American cheese slices – You can’t have cheeseburger sliders without cheese!
- Cheddar/mozzarella blend
- Hawaiian rolls – You can use another type of dinner roll if you can’t find Hawaiian rolls.
- Sesame seeds
Feel free to serve these cheeseburger sliders with burger fixings like sliced tomatoes (use Roma tomatoes so they fit on the rolls!), lettuce, ketchup, mustard, pickles, etc.
How to Make Cheeseburger Sliders
Preheat your oven to 350˚F and butter the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
2. Cook the Ground Beef
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a half tablespoon of oil, then add the onion and ground beef. Break up the beef with a wooden spoon or spatula and cook until browned. Drain off the grease.
3. Season the Beef
Season the ground beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, then stir in the mayonnaise.
Cut rolls in half and place the bottom half on the prepared baking sheet. Add the slices of cheese to the bottoms of the rolls, then top this with the ground beef mixture. Sprinkle the ground beef with the shredded cheese, then gently press the tops of the rolls over this. Brush the rolls with the melted butter and sprinkle them with sesame seeds.
Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the tops of the cheeseburger sliders are golden brown.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Cheeseburger Sliders
Store any leftover sliders wrapped in foil or in an airtight container. They’ll keep in the fridge for about 3 days. Reheat them in the microwave or in the oven until they’re warmed through.
What kind of food is sliders?
Sliders were originally small burgers, but now slider refers to any type of small handheld sandwich!
What buns do you use for cheeseburger sliders?
Most buns are too big for sliders, so it’s common to use dinner rolls instead. I like using Hawaiian rolls because they’re slightly sweet and softer than a traditional dinner roll!
What do you eat cheeseburger sliders with?
More Crowd-Pleasing Slider Recipes
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ white onion diced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 8 slices American cheese
- 8 oz cheddar/mozzarella blend shredded
- 12 Hawaiian roll sliders one package
- 2 tbsp butter melted, plus more to grease baking sheet
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Butter the bottom of a rimmed baking sheet.
- Place a large skillet over medium/high heat with 1/2 Tbsp olive oil. Add diced onion and ground beef. Break up and cook over medium high heat until cooked through.
- Drain excess fat and return to skillet.
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Cut buns in half and place the bottom half of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Add slices of cheese to the bottom of the buns.
- Spread ground beef mixture evenly over the sliced cheese. Top with shredded cheese.
- Place the top of buns over the burgers. Brush tops melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 350˚F for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the tops are golden brown.