You only need three simple ingredients to make these easy BBQ meatball sliders. With juicy meatballs, tangy bbq sauce and soft rolls, you can make a perfect meal in a matter of minutes.
This meatball slider recipe is sure to be your new favorite summer dinner. Summer is made for fun! From lazy days to fun-filled days of swimming and food! Gone are the days of huge, heavy meals that comfort us and make us feel warm and snuggly in the winter – it’s on to the light, easy and on-the-go meals!
We are all busy in the summer but in a good way. We’re out making summer memories and being active. But, we also need to eat and I don’t want to spend the day in the hot kitchen. So, we turn to easy and breezy family-friendly meals like this!
BBQ Meatball Sliders Recipe
These BBQ meatball slider sandwiches are a favorite of my family. Before you think I slaved all day making homemade meatballs and bbq sauce, think again! These sandwiches were made in under 30 minutes! AND can be made even quicker if you use the microwave oven. Here’s the secret…
Rosina Italian Meatballs!
I use frozen Rosina Italian Meatballs to make these sliders and they are to die for! The meatballs are soft, juicy and perfectly seasoned. No need to mix ground beef or roll meatballs by hand when you have these perfect, tender meatballs ready to go!
By adding a side of store-bought Macaroni Salad (or my homemade macaroni salad) and maybe some carrot sticks, you can create a delicious meal the whole family can enjoy. And, you can do it easily and quickly!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Rosina Food Products®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ingredients for Meatball Sliders
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Rosina Italian Meatballs – These are by far my favorite pre-made meatballs. They are flavorful, quick to heat and the perfect size to fit on a dinner roll or slider bun.
- Barbecue sauce – You can make your own homemade bbq sauce but using a store-bought bottle is a whole lot easier. Use spicy bbq sauce or a sweet bbq sauce – choose your favorite to really make this recipe your own!
- Slider buns – I usually use classic burger buns to make meatball sliders however Hawaiian sweet rolls are fantastic for making sweeter bbq sliders and long hogie rolls are good for creating big, game day meatball sliders.
Here are a few ingredient substitutes and recipe variations you may want to try.
- Make your own, homemade meatballs. My cocktail meatball recipe is perfect for sweet sliders while my air fryer meatballs are super easy.
- Top the meatball sliders with your favorite cheese to make cheesy meatball sliders. I like to add slices of cheddar cheese, smoked gouda cheese slices or a sprinkle of blue cheese which will really give those bbq meatballs some extra flavor.
- Heat meatballs in a crockpot and stir in the bbq sauce. Keep your slow cooker set to warm then let everyone assemble their own meatball sliders anytime they are ready. I like to have my slow cooker and bbq meatballs on the counter next to a plate of sliced buns. This is an easy way to serve meatball sliders to a crowd and one of my favorite party foods.
- Brush the tops of each roll with melted butter to make the buns even more decadent. After you add the butter, sprinkle the rolls with garlic powder, bacon bits or a sprinkle of bagel seasoning to give the buns a burst of flavor.
How to Make Meatball Sliders
- Heat the meatballs: Cook the Rosina Italian Meatballs according to the package directions. The meatballs should be golden brown and look juicy when cooked. You can make the whole bag or just enough for your family. I like to put two meatballs on each bun so use this number as an estimate.
- Add the sauce: Add the hot meatballs to a large mixing bowl. Add the bbq sauce and toss the meatballs to coat them in the sauce.
- Assemble: Add the bbq meatballs to the slide buns, adding two meatballs per bun. Serve while warm!
I like to stir garlic powder, a grind or two of black pepper, and a tiny bit of brown sugar into the bbq sauce. Even if you are using bottled sauce, this is a very easy way to make it taste homemade. A sprinkle of seasonings and a touch of sugar gives the bbq sauce a whole new flavor that will have people asking for your recipe!
How to Store BBQ Meatball Sliders
If you have leftover meatballs and rolls, keep them separate to ensure the rolls do not get soggy. Store the cooked bbq meatballs in an airtight container and place it in the fridge for 4-5 days. The rolls can also be wrapped and stored in the fridge for about a week.
Reheat the meatballs in the microwave until they are warm. You can also add them to a large saucepan or skillet and reheat them on the stovetop for 2-3 minutes.
Meatball sliders and sweet potato french fries are a match made in heaven. Sliders are also delicious with pasta salad or homemade coleslaw. Baked beans with meatball sliders are also a delicious idea. And don’t forget to make a quick fruit salad or some easy cake mix chocolate chip cookies for dessert!
I love meatball sliders with coleslaw or macaroni salad. The contrast between cold salad and warm meatballs is truly perfect. Meatball sliders are also great with french fries, chips or a regular green salad.
BBQ meatballs are made with ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, and seasonings. I like to use pre-made meatballs and then toss them in some bbq sauce for a super easy meal. No need to roll ground beef mixture or get your hands dirty when the meatballs are already made for you (and they taste just as good!)!
I like to bake meatballs. Cooking meatballs in the oven or slow cooker keeps them juicy and tender. Grilling meatballs tends to dry them out.
BBQ Meatball Sliders
- Rosina Italian Meatballs
- 1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce
- slider buns
- Cook meatballs in oven according to package directions. The amount you make will depend on the amount of sandwiches you need. I add two meatballs per slider bun.
- Once cooked, add meatballs to a larger bowl and top with bbq sauce – mixing around well.
- Add 2 meatballs to each slider bun
- Add a side of your favorite macaroni salad and carrots and serve!
Rosina Food Products, Inc.® are easy, great tasting, convenient dinner options that are made with quality ingredients that make the difference between a good meal and a great one. Rosina Italian Meatballs are so fresh and authentic tasting, you’ll be coming back for more. They’re oven baked and fully cooked from premium quality meat and imported pecorino romano cheese that’s ground fresh daily. For everyday convenience, Rosina Italian Meatballs are great for lunch, dinner, soups or appetizers. I just love them!
You can visit their Facebook and Pinterest pages and find easy satisfying meals all year round, great in a crockpot, great in the oven, great on the grill.