These ham and cheese sliders are the perfect summertime party recipe! Made with sweet Hawaiian bread, thinly sliced ham and baby Swiss cheese, this 25-minute baked ham and Swiss cheese sliders recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
Every layer of these game day snacks are full of flavor. They’re literally the perfect appetizer or make an easy weeknight ham dinner. This mini sandwich with melty cheese is at the top of my favorites list.
Hawaiian roll ham and Swiss sliders
As soon as the weather begins to warm up, all I want to do is enjoy the outdoors. Barbecues, small lunches, family gatherings — there’s just something so comforting about a nice backyard event.
This baked ham and Swiss cheese sliders recipe is my go-to for so many of these summertime occasions, along with Cheeseburger Sliders.
They’re super simple and delicious enough for even the pickiest eaters. Plus, making these mini-sandwiches is a breeze!
In less than 30 minutes, you can have a quick meal that everyone will love. I love to serve these ham and cheese sliders with a hot bowl of soup or chips. It really is a recipe you’ll come back to time and time again!
Want more side dish recipe ideas? These tasty Hawaiian ham and Swiss sliders go perfectly with my favorite Bacon Mac and Cheese and Cheesy Potato Casserole recipes.
Love recipes that combine ham and cheese? Try Ham and Cheese Pinwheels.
- Rolls – These tasty ham sliders just wouldn’t be the same without mini sweet bread sandwich rolls! My brand of choice is King’s Hawaiian bread, but you can use any sweet bread you like.
- Ham – For the best results, I recommend using thinly sliced cooked deli ham. Feel free to change things up or add some variety by including other deli meats, like turkey or roast beef.
- Swiss – Sliced baby Swiss cheese is perfect for this recipe! I prefer to keep the slices super thin, similar to the ham, so that the mini-sandwiches don’t end up over-stuffed.
- Condiments and seasonings – I used Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and melted butter for the mixture that is spread on top of the sliders before baking. I also like to add poppy seeds on top! You can also add a little bit of mayonnaise to the ham and Swiss sliders before baking.
How To Make Ham and swiss sliders
- Preheat the oven – First preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Then spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Mix the ingredients – Next, in a bowl or large measuring cup, mix together the butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds.
- Build your sandwich – Then begin building your sandwiches. First, separate the tops from the bottoms of the rolls, then place the bottom pieces into the baking dish.
- Layer the ingredients – Now lay half the cheese on the bottom of the rolls, then top with ham. Finally, place the remaining Swiss cheese over the ham.
- Add the mayo – After that, spread the underside of the top of the buns with mayonnaise. Then place the tops of the rolls onto the ham and Swiss sandwiches.
- Top with butter – Next, lightly brush the top and sides of the rolls with the butter mixture with a pastry brush. Then pour the remaining butter sauce into the bottom of the dish.
- Put it in the oven – Finally, place your ham and Swiss cheese sliders in the preheated oven and bake until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Enjoy – Now you get to enjoy your tasty sliders! Simply slice them into individual servings and serve with your favorite sides.
Hot Ham Dinner Rolls FAQS
Ham and Swiss sliders go great with so many different recipes. Keep things light and serve with your favorite veggie sides, like steamed broccoli or sautéed asparagus. You can also add your favorite chips, some homemade French fries or even potato salad to make an easy lunch.
These sliders are great for a BBQ or potlucks and really do pair with just about anything. If you serve this for your guests, they’re going to love them. There’s a reason these ham and slider buns are so popular!
For a short-term solution, keep your sliders in the same container and cover with foil. If you need to keep them warm over a longer period of time, you can portion the sliders then individually wrap each in foil. Then you can set them in a Crockpot to keep them warm.
When serving sandwiches, you want to try to make them the day of to avoid them getting soggy. However, if you’re really wanting to meal prep, you can make the sliders, freeze them, and then just thaw them out when you want to eat! I’d recommend leaving the condiments off the sliders until you’re ready to eat.
Putting them in the freezer is a great way to save them for later. I always wrap them in plastic wrap before putting them in an airtight container.
Note: photos and post updated on 3/26/2021
More Delicious Party Recipes
Ham and Swiss Sliders
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard 1
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 12 mini sweet bread sandwich rolls
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced cooked deli ham
- 1/2 pound sliced baby Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonaise optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, mix together butter, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds.
- Separate the tops from bottoms of the rolls, and place the bottom pieces into the baking dish.
- Lay half the cheese on the bottom of the rolls. Top with Ham. Place the remaining Swiss cheese over the ham.
- Spread the underside of the top of the buns with mayonnaise.
- Place the tops of the rolls onto the sandwiches.
- Lightly brush the top and sides of the rolls with the butter mixture with a pastry brush.
- Pour the remaining butter sauce into the bottom of the dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the rolls are lightly browned and the cheese has melted, for about 20 minutes.
- Slice into individual rolls to serve!
delicious! There’s many recipes out there for these sliders that add more ingredients that seem unnecessary to me (like brown sugar). This one is a classic – simple and tastes great. Thank you!
This is a delicious recipe. I love this combo of ham and Swiss to make sliders with. I also made some chicken philly sliders and they turned out excellent as well.
Made these today for Fathers Day lunch. I didn’t have poppy seeds but they were delicious.
That sounds wonderful!! So glad you liked them!
So easy and so good!! This was a big hit with my family!
I hadn’t thought of using Hawaiian bread for sliders – I usually just use regular dinner rolls, but i’m totally going to try this and will let you know. thanks for this recipe
This is such a great summer recipe! Quick and easy and perfect for picnics
These sliders are always a hit with the family, great for parties and weeknight dinners, everyone loves them!
These look absolutely amazing and would be so easy to throw together for last-minute parties! I love this recipe!