This Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits is a complete breakfast all in a single casserole dish! It’s always a crowd-pleaser, whether you serve it for a casual weekend breakfast or big brunch get-together.
Breakfast casseroles are always a go-to for me when I need a recipe to feed a crowd, and this recipe for Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits is perfect for weekend brunch with friends and family. The buttery, flaky biscuit crust adds a delicious layer of flavor and texture to the casserole, and the combination of eggs, sausage, and cheese make for a hearty, satisfying dish.
Trust me when I say: everyone will ask you for the recipe!
Easy Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits Recipe
Now, just because this Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits is perfect for feeding a large crowd doesn’t mean you can’t whip it up for your family on the weekend either! It can be made ahead of time so you can enjoy your morning cup of coffee without any fuss, and you can have the leftovers for a few days.
Once you try this recipe for Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits, I think you’ll agree that it’s the best way to start your day—it’s hearty, filling, and oh-so-good! Plus, it’s really easy to make—just throw all of the ingredients in a baking dish and bake until golden brown. When it comes to effortless breakfast bakes, this casserole is a winner!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Can of jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- Pork breakfast sausage
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Eggs – Here’s the best way to crack an egg!
- Whole milk
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Scallions – Thinly slice the green ends.
How to Make Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits
Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray or butter.
2. Make the Biscuit Crust
Line the bottom of the baking dish with the biscuit dough, gently pressing into the pan so it covers the entire surface.
3. Cook the Sausage
Cook the sausage in a large pan. Break up the meat as it cooks using a wooden spoon or spatula, then drain the fat and set the sausage aside.
4. Make the Egg Mixture
Whisk the eggs, milk, and seasonings together in a medium bowl.
Layer the sausage on top of the biscuits, then pour the egg mixture over it. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the eggs.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the eggs are set. If the top starts to get too dark too quickly, tent it with foil so it doesn’t burn.
If you’re using scallions, chop them and sprinkle them on the casserole before serving.
How to Store Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits
Let the casserole cool before storing it in the fridge. If you put it in too soon, the heat will cause condensation, which can make the dish soggy. Once it’s cooled, wrap the casserole tightly in plastic wrap or foil or transfer it to an airtight storage container.
Refrigerate for 3 to 4 days and reheat in the oven or microwave. You can also freeze this recipe for up to 3 months; let it thaw in the fridge before reheating.
What goes with breakfast casserole?
This breakfast casserole has everything you need for a filling breakfast! If you want to round it out, I’d opt for pairing it with fresh fruit. When I make this Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits for a brunch, I usually also make a sweet breakfast dish like Blueberry French Toast Casserole so everyone can help themselves to a little of both!
Can you make breakfast casserole the day before?
Yes, just like my Overnight Breakfast Casserole, you can assemble this breakfast casserole the night before you plan on serving it. While your oven is preheating, set the casserole dish on the countertop so it comes to room temperature.
What temperature is best for breakfast casserole?
Although every breakfast casserole is different, I find that 350ºF is always a good temperature when you’re baking eggs like in this Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits.
More Must-Try Breakfast Casserole Recipes
- Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon
- Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Crescent Roll Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole
Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits
- 1 16oz can of Jumbo buttermilk biscuits
- 12 oz pork breakfast sausage cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 scallions green ends sliced thinly (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with the biscuits gently pressing down to cover.
- Cook the sausage in a large pan breaking up the meat as it cooks. Drain and set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasonings to combine. Set aside.
- Sprinkle the sausage evenly over the biscuits and then pour the egg mixture over that. Finish by sprinkling the cheese over the whole dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. If the top begins to color too early, cover loosely with foil and continue baking.
- Garnish with chopped scallions, if using.