These Buffalo Chicken Sliders are a hit for game day or any day of the week! They’re spicy, cheesy, and perfect served on sweet Hawaiian rolls.
Sliders are a classic game day snack, but why wait for a big football game to enjoy them? They’re also a great handheld option for dinner! Pair them with Easy Air Fryer French Fries and you’ve got a dinner that everyone will devour! (Seriously, these Buffalo Chicken Sliders are going to disappear as soon as you pull them out of the oven!)
Easy Buffalo Chicken Slider Recipe
Now, Buffalo chicken sliders are spicy, which means they might not be a hit with young kids who have an aversion to all things spicy. But don’t worry! There’s an easy workaround for this—just reserve a bit of the chicken when you’re tossing the rest of it in the Buffalo sauce. (Or for a non-spicy slider recipe, try my Pizza Sliders.)
I love this recipe because it pairs rotisserie chicken (hello, easy!) with hot sauce, ranch dressing, and two different kinds of cheeses for a slider that’s spicy, creamy, and melty. As if that’s not enough, they’re served on Hawaiian rolls, which I think we can all agree are the best rolls ever.
Even better? The whole recipe is done in under 30 minutes!
- Rotisserie chicken – You can also use leftover Baked Chicken Breasts.
- King’s Hawaiian rolls
- Ranch dressing – Use store-bought or homemade ranch dressing.
- Frank’s buffalo sauce
- Garlic powder
- Cheddar cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Make Garlic Butter Mixture
Stir together the melted butter and garlic powder in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Prep the Chicken
In a large bowl, toss the chicken with the ranch, half of the cheeses, and the Buffalo sauce.
Split the rolls in half and place the bottom half in the baking dish. Spread the chicken mixture on the bottom half of the rolls and top with the remaining cheese, then place the top half of the rolls over the chicken. Brush the tops of the rolls with the garlic butter.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for 5 minutes more, or until the tops of the sliders are golden brown. Cut and serve while hot and melty!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
These sliders can be stored wrapped in foil or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days. While they can be reheated in the microwave, I recommend warming them up in a 350ºF oven for best results.
What exactly is Buffalo chicken?
Buffalo chicken started out as deep-fried chicken wings that are coated in Buffalo sauce, but now there are all kinds of recipes that pair Buffalo and chicken, not just wings! Try my Buffalo Chicken Nachos and Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip too.
Why do they call it Buffalo chicken?
It has nothing to do with the animal! Buffalo chicken originated in Buffalo, New York.
What kind of Buffalo sauce should I use for these Buffalo Chicken Sliders?
I recommend using Frank’s Red Hot Wings Sauce, which is the original hot sauce used for Buffalo chicken.
Can I use blue cheese dressing in Buffalo Chicken Sliders?
Buffalo chicken is normally paired with either ranch or blue cheese dressing. If you prefer blue cheese, you can definitely use that instead!
More Crowd-Pleasing Slider Recipes
- Ham and Swiss Cheese Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Quick & Easy Meatball Sliders
- Bacon BBQ Pork Sliders
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 3 cups rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1 package Kings Hawaiian Rolls 12 count
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, garlic powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the chicken, ranch, ½ of the cheeses, and buffalo sauce.
- Split your rolls in half, place the bottom half in a prepared 9×13 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spread chicken mixture on bottom half of rolls and top with remaining cheese.
- Place the top half of the buns on top and brush the top of the rolls with the melted butter mixture.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 minute.
- Remove foil, and bake for an additional 5 minutes (or until the tops of the sliders turn a golden brown.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve!
Can I make these in advance?
Can I make these with regular hamburger buns and use the same cooking instructions?
I’m an Italian lady living on Maui and today for the Superbowl I wanted to surprise my 100% American fiancé. It was a 100% success! Thank you!!
I also had to prepare the chicken breast and I followed your recipe. Delicious, too!
I’ll try some more of your recipes very soon!!