Sheet pan nachos are going to be your new favorite dinner! No one can resist loaded nachos piled high with seasoned ground beef, cheese, sour cream, and toppings.
Move over taco night! Sheet pan nacho night is here and it’s just as much fun—I mean, who doesn’t love nachos?! The easiest way to make nachos at home is on a sheet pan in the oven, and while you can totally make these for a crowd-pleasing appetizer, I really love them as an easy weeknight meal.
Easy Sheet Pan Nachos Recipe
The best thing about sheet pan nachos—well, aside from how easy they are!—is that you can customize them to your tastes and preferences. Everyone can add their own toppings, so there are no complaints!
If your family doesn’t mind dinner remixes, you can double the recipe for the seasoned ground beef and make tacos or taco salad one night, then use the other half of the ground beef to make nachos the next day.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Vegetable oil – Olive oil, avocado oil, or canola oil are also fine.
- Ground beef – You can use a plant-based ground to make vegetarian sheet pan nachos.
- Chili powder
- Cumin powder
- Coriander powder
- Dried oregano
- Tortilla chips – Get a thick, sturdy variety that will stand up to all the toppings!
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend – Cheddar, Monterey jack, or pepper jack work too.
- Salt & pepper
Sheet Pan Nacho Toppings
Choose any of these you like.
- Pickled jalapeños
- Sliced black olives
- Red onion
- Sour cream
How to Make Sheet Pan Nachos
Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Make the Seasoned Beef
Add the oil to a skillet set over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they’re softened. Add the beef, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and oregano and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until the beef is browned and cooked through. Be sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain off the grease and set aside.
3. Assemble and Bake
Line the sheet pan with a single layer of tortilla chips, spreading them evenly over the entire pan. Top the chips with the ground beef and cheese. Bake the nachos for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
4. Add Toppings
Garnish the nachos with your desired toppings and serve immediately.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Sheet Pan Nachos
You can store any leftover nachos in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2 days. It’s best to reheat them in the oven at 425ºF, which will restore some (but not all!) of their crispiness, but the microwave will work too. This is not a good recipe for freezing.
What toppings do you put on nachos?
Any toppings you like! In addition to the ones I’ve listed above, there’s queso, guacamole, pickled onions, black beans, sautéed vegetables, and more. You really can’t go wrong when it comes to making nachos!
What cheese makes the best nachos?
A Mexican cheese blend, cheddar, Monterey jack, or pepper jack are all excellent choices for nachos. You can also use queso or even my Rotel dip to top nachos.
Do you put salsa on sheet pan nachos before or after cooking?
If you put salsa on nachos before cooking, the tortilla chips will end up soggy. It’s best to add the salsa after!
More Tex-Mex Dinner Ideas
Sheet Pan Nachos
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 lb 90/10 ground beef
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 14.5 oz bag of tortilla chips
- 1 8 oz bag of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 11 oz jar of pickled jalapeños
- 1 medium tomato diced
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 8 oz container of sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 scallions green ends sliced thin
- Preheat the oven to 425F. For super easy clean-up, line your sheet pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the oil. When the pan is hot, add the onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the beef, chili powder, cumin, coriander, and oregano and for 8-10 minutes or until the beef is browned and cooked through. Be sure to crumble the beef as it cooks. Drain the cooked beef and onions and set aside.
- Line your sheet pan with a single layer of tortilla chips making sure to spread them out evenly over the entire pan. Top with the ground beef and cheese. Bake the nachos for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish your nachos with whatever toppings you like, such as salsa, chopped tomatoes and red onion, sour cream, or pickled jalapeños. Enjoy immediately!
Se ven riquísimos 😋😋😋ya mismo los preparo