This easy Apple Crisp Dessert Recipe is made with simple ingredients but full of flavor for a comfort dessert that is topped with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe for apple crisp is one of my favorite apple recipes on All Things Mamma! If you love Apple Dump Cake, Caramel Apple Nachos, and Caramel Pumpkin Poke Cake, you’ll love this easy Apple Crisp!
Ella and I LOVE to be in the kitchen together. She is quite the little helper. It doesn’t matter if I’m taking out a frozen pizza or making a Thanksgiving Meal, she is right there beside me!
We’ve been making quite a few trips over the past few weeks to our local Orchard called The Apple Barn. They have the most amazing little store full of fresh-baked goodies and bread, canned jams and jellies, fresh eggs, butter and cheese, homemade apple cider, mums, pumpkin and of course, APPLES! We’ve been eating them with every meal and every snack. They are just too darn good!
We first made an Apple Crisp recipe I found online and it was YUKO! But, I called up my mother-in-law who makes the best Apple Crisp and asked her to share her recipe with me. It’s always so good and it was exactly what we had been craving!
- Apples peeled (or not) and sliced into an 8 x 8 or 9 x 9.
- ½ C. Apple Cider or Water I used Cider
- ½ C. flour
- 1 ½ C. sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- Cinnamon nutmeg, (other spices if desired—e.g. clove, all spice) I just use the first two.
- 1 egg
- ½ C. 1 stick butter or margarine. I use butter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add the apples to the baking dish.
- Next, pour the cider or water over the fruit.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a separate bowl and whisk.
- Then, add the egg to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Crumble the dough mixture over fruit.
- Next, melt the butter and drizzle over the top of the dough mixture.
- Bake in for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Top with Cool Whip or Vanilla Ice Cream and serve warm.
I promise that this will turn out perfectly for you if you follow the directions above. So go ahead and make it for your next family dinner or pot-luck – you’ll be the hit of the party and everyone will be asking for more!
Check out these easy recipes next!