This easy Apple Crisp Dessert Recipe is made with simple ingredients but full of flavor for a comfort dessert that is topped with vanilla ice cream.
This recipe for apple crisp is one of my favorite apple recipes on All Things Mamma! If you love Apple Dump Cake, Caramel Apple Nachos, and Caramel Pumpkin Poke Cake, you’ll love this easy Apple Crisp!
Ella and I LOVE to be in the kitchen together. She is quite the little helper. It doesn’t matter if I’m taking out a frozen pizza or making a Thanksgiving Meal, she is right there beside me!
We’ve been making quite a few trips over the past few weeks to our local Orchard called The Apple Barn. They have the most amazing little store full of fresh-baked goodies and bread, canned jams and jellies, fresh eggs, butter and cheese, homemade apple cider, mums, pumpkin and of course, APPLES! We’ve been eating them with every meal and every snack. They are just too darn good!
We first made an Apple Crisp recipe I found online and it was YUKO! But, I called up my mother-in-law who makes the best Apple Crisp and asked her to share her recipe with me. It’s always so good and it was exactly what we had been craving!
- 6 Apples peeled (or not) and sliced
- ½ cup Apple Cider or Water I used Cider
- ½ cup flour
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon nutmeg, (other spices if desired—e.g. clove, all spice) I just use the first two.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup butter
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Add the sliced apples to a 8x8 or 9x9 baking dish.
- Next, pour the cider or water over the fruit.
- Add all of the dry ingredients to a separate bowl and whisk together.
- Then, add the egg to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Crumble the dough mixture over fruit.
- Next, melt the butter and drizzle over the top of the dough mixture.
- Bake in for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Top Vanilla Ice Cream and serve warm.
I promise that this will turn out perfectly for you if you follow the directions above. So go ahead and make it for your next family dinner or pot-luck – you’ll be the hit of the party and everyone will be asking for more!
Check out these easy recipes next!
35+ Easy Cake Mix Recipes – Hacks Using A Box Cake Mix
10 Tricks To Make A Box Cake Mix Taste Homemade
This looks so delicious and the instructions are straightforward. I will get some apples from the farmer’s market this weekend and give it a try – thank you for the recipe.
Ooh, this sounds so good (and easy!). It makes me want to go apple picking!
Its looks greate
Reminds me of my grandmother’s pie 🙂
It really is an old-fashioned recipe with a warm feel. Perfect for this time if year!
The Apple Crisp looks so good i crave for it right now thank you for sharing the recipe 🙂
That looks too delicious! I can’t wait to try it out 🙂
Let me know what you think if you do, Becca!
Ooh, looks awesome!
just in time for apple picking season, thanks for reposting i’m going to try this one today
There are a lot of different apples that would go in this. One of my favorites is the Golden Delicious. Yummy!
Yum! Def need to bake this soon.
Kasey, I tried this recipe for the first time this weekend…the perfect dessert for a crisp cool fall day (even in Florida)! Thanks so much!!