This quick & easy Smoked Sausage & Rice One Skillet Meal Recipe can be made in under 30 minutes and promises to be a hit around your dinner table!
Weeknights can get busy! With after school and work activities, homework, getting ready for the next day and normal household chores – the day is over before you know it!
We don’t always have the luxury of sitting down together, but when we do, it’s always good! We always try to have a Meal Plan in place where we can have dinner together and talk about our day whenever we’re all home. This is one of our FAVORITE meals every week!
Sausage & Rice One Skillet Meal Recipe
This past week I made this delicious Sausage and Rice One Skillet Dinner and it was a hit!
You never know when you make a new dish if it will go over well with the kids, but this one was more than welcomed. They even had seconds!
Made with Hillshire Farm’s Beef Smoked Sausage, broccoli, rice and cheese in one skillet – you can’t go wrong! AND the best part is that it was ready in under 30 minutes – start to finish!
I remember being younger and going to the Mall with my mom and seeing the lady outside of the Hillshire Farm store and loving the samples they would give out. It was such a treat!
But now, you can buy their sausages in the grocery store! I picked up all the ingredients for this meal at Target AND I had a Cartwheel offer for Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage for 20% OFF! Anytime I can get a deal on a meal – I’m excited!
AND anytime I can make a one-skillet meal and have less to clean up – even better!
If you’re looking for a winning weekend night meal idea – this quick, easy, and delicious skillet meal made with Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage is the perfect solution to a Monday through Friday family meal!
This quick & easy meal uses healthy & satisfying ingredients that the whole family can love!
Check out this quick & easy Sausage & Rice One Skillet Meal Recipe that I’m sure will be a hit in your household!
Smoked Sausage & Rice One Skillet Meal
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 lb Hillshire Farms Smoked Sausage sliced ¼-inch thick
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1½ cups cooked brown rice - I use minute rice to save time!
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter and olive oil until melted.
- Add the sliced smoked sausage and cook for about 5 minutes until sausage begins to brown.
- Add the broccol and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook about 5 minutes more - stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked rice, garlic powder and onion salt to the skillet.
- Stir well.
- Add the shredded cheese - stiring well until the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the heat and serve warm.
For more Quick and Easy Meal Ideas, try these next!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hillshire Farm®. The opinions and text are all mine.