Keto Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bowls are a quick breakfast option that’s filling and healthy, too. Perfect for a busy weekday morning!
Mornings can get crazy at my house. Getting three kids up and ready for school can be a little taxing.
But, I love that I can be home to get them ready and make them breakfast each day. Most days they like to make eggs, toast, pancakes or waffles. I know that breakfast is the best meal of the day, so I try to make sure I fuel up, too!
I’ve been following the Trim Healthy Mama way of eating about 95% of the time.
It basically has you eating certain kinds of foods together at one meal and cutting out sugar. It’s actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it!
Easy Keto Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bowls Recipe
What I normally do is cook up some sausage at the beginning of the week and put it in the fridge. Then, each morning that I make one of these Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bowls, I just pull it out and add to my scrambled eggs.
I love a little heat, so I sometimes add a sprinkle or two of red pepper flakes to my sausage as it’s cooking. YUM!
Add a cup of coffee with heavy cream (YES – heavy cream is on plan, too!!) and you have a delicious and filling meal that is going to get you through the morning! And it was made in no time. No excuses to not have a good for your breakfast now!
Here are my FAVORITE Trim Healthy Mama items you really need!
I love that you can pretty much eat a lot of the same foods you’ve always loved – like eggs! Mmmm! I love eggs. And cheese. And sausage. AND you can have them all on this plan! YAY!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Sausage – Choose any kind you like, but if you’re keto, just make sure they’re keto-friendly! Not into sausage so much? Crispy, crumbled bacon would be delish too!
- Cheddar cheese – You only need a sprinkle, but let’s be real—the more cheese, the better. Try mixing things up by using a different type of cheese. Smoked gouda or pepper jack would be amazing.
- Salt & Pepper
- Butter – Or your favorite cooking oil will work if you don’t have butter on hand.
How to Make Keto Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bowls
Crack two eggs into a bowl, then whisk them with a fork.
2. Melt the butter
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. (Side note: is there any better smell in this world than butter melting in a skillet? I don’t think so!)
3. Cook the eggs
Once the butter has melted, pour in the eggs and scramble them. Just be careful not to overcook them! Scrambled eggs should be glossy and golden yellow in color, never dry or browned.
4. Add sausage and cheese
Time for the good stuff! Remove the skillet from the heat and add in the sausage and cheese. Give it a stir.
5. Season and serve
Add salt and pepper to taste. Freshly ground black pepper is a great addition to these Sausage & Egg Bowls!
How to Store and Reheat Leftovers
If you have leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Reheat them in the microwave or in a skillet over low heat.
Do you add milk to scrambled eggs?
You may have learned to make scrambled eggs with milk, but this is a mistake! It waters them down and makes them rubbery. All you need to make scrambled eggs are eggs, butter or oil, and salt and pepper for seasoning.
How do you make easy scrambled eggs?
Whisk your eggs in a bowl and melt butter in a skillet. Once the butter has melted, pour in the egg mixture. When the eggs start to set, take a spatula and move the set parts to the edges of the skillet to form curds. Repeat until the eggs are thickened, golden in color, and glossy. Never cook scrambled eggs until they’re dry!
What sausages are keto-friendly?
There are a lot of keto-friendly sausages, but there are definitely some to avoid too! Breadcrumbs and other binding ingredients can add carbs, so look for sausage that is gluten-free, sugar-free, and that has fewer than 1 gram of net carbs.
More Savory Breakfast Ideas
- Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Eggs Benedict
- Crescent Roll Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Bacon and Egg Breakfast Cups
Sausage & Egg Breakfast Bowls
- 1/4 cup sausage – cooked and crumbled
- 2 whole eggs
- sprinkle of cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbs butter
- Start by cracking two eggs into a bowl and scramble with a fork until all mixed together
- Add butter to skillet over medium high heat
- Once melted, add eggs to pan – stirring around often – careful not to over cook
- Once the eggs are mostly set but still glossy, add the sausage and cheese.
- Remove from heat and mix in well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.