Pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting are a crowd-pleasing fall dessert. A spiced pumpkin cake layer is topped with rich frosting, making this pumpkin bar recipe totally irresistible.
A Classic Pumpkin Dessert for Fall
I don’t know about you, but I get on a pumpkin kick from the first sign of fall in September until well after Thanksgiving. I like pumpkin everything! Give me all the pumpkin recipes to make, share and eat! Haha!
I’m pretty sure that you’re the same or you wouldn’t be reading this recipe right now, right? Right!
So, let’s get down to it. This recipe is a breeze to make! It goes right along with my philosophy of the easier, the better. This pumpkin bar recipe is spot on for ease!
(PS – If you love the flavors in this recipe, try my Zucchini Carrot Bars with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting too!)
Tips For Making Pumpkin Bars
Here are some tips for making this recipe for pumpkin bars amazing!
- I have to tell you that the Cream Cheese Frosting makes all the difference. Don’t skimp and go with store-bought frosting. You will not be happy! Well, not AS happy as when you make your own. Promise!
- If you don’t have a sheet pan on hand, just use a 9×13 cake pan and increase the baking time by about 5 minutes.
- You’ll have to check the center to see when it’s done by inserting a toothpick and if it comes out clean – it’s ready!
Ok – now it’s your turn to make some deliciousness today! Hurry! This is one pumpkin bar recipe you have to try!!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Vegetable oil – Or another neutral-flavored oil like canola.
- Pumpkin puree – Don’t use canned pumpkin pie filling! It’s not the same because it’s sweetened.
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice – My favorite! Use store-bought or make your own.
- Cream cheese frosting – I share my cream cheese frosting recipe below!
How to Make Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1. Prepare: Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2. Mix Wet and Dry Ingredients: In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until well blended. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together.
- 3. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Next, gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well with a mixer. Pour the pumpkin batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-inch sheet cake pan.
- 4. Bake Pumpkin Bars: Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- 5. Frost: Cool completely and frost with Cheese Frosting.
See how easy that was? I love a good cake with a box mix, but this cake is just as easy to make as opening a box!
Just add all the ingredients together, blend and pour into a pan.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try
- No Bake Pumpkin Pie
- The BEST Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Caramel Poke Cake (From A Box Mix!)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bread
- No-Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake Cups
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- Easy Pumpkin Pie From Scratch
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 can 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and pumpkin until well blended.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together.
- Next, gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and mix well with a mixer.
- Pour the pumpkin batter into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. sheet cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set.
- Cool completely and frost with Cheese Frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter – softened
- 8 oz package cream cheese – softened
- 5 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Place the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Reduce the speed to low, slowly add confectioners, and beat until fully incorporated and smooth, about 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the paddle and sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add vanilla and salt. Mixing completely.
- Turn mixer to high and beat until light and fluffy.
Pin this recipe for later!