Want the Starbucks Lemon Pound Cake without the Starbucks prices? This recipe is an easy and affordable way to get the lemon cake you love from a box cake mix!
This bright and sweet lemon pound cake is just like one you’d find at Starbucks. Made in just under an hour! Like my Cream Cheese Pound Cake or Pound Cake from Cake Mix, it’s perfect for birthdays, tea parties, or a sweet treat any time of the day.
The best part of making this yourself? Your home smells delicious, and this recipe makes two, whole loafs!
Copycat Starbucks Lemon Loaf Pound Cake Recipe
Who doesn’t love lemons? They are fresh, sunny and in season all year! It seems like many recipes call for a little lemon zest, lemon juice, or are served with a side of lemon. Lemon completes everything with a little extra “zing!” One of my favorite ways to treat myself at Starbucks is to get a warmed, lemon pound cake slice.
The only problem? Starbucks can become an expensive treat for lemon cake lovers. This recipe utilizes a couple of box cake mixes which is going to save you time and money without sacrificing any flavor!
Get your ingredients for this recipe delivered in as fast as 1 hour with Instacart – plus FREE delivery on your first order of $10+
- Lemon Cake Mix– Using a boxed cake mix makes this recipe a breeze!
- Instant Lemon Pudding Mix – Make sure that you use Instant Pudding!
- Sour Cream – This is the secret ingredient that adds so much moisture!
- Vegetable Oil – You can also use coconut oil.
- Eggs – Adding eggs is a must as it’s the binding agent to hold everything together.
- Lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice is such a great addition!
- Powdered Sugar – You’ll be using this for the glaze!
How To Make Lemon Pound Cake:
Step 1: Mix
Mix together your packaged mixes, sour cream, veggie oil, eggs, water, and two tablespoons of lemon juice in a bowl for 1-2 minutes with an electric mixer.
Step 2: Pour
Pour half your batter into greased and floured 9×5 in loaf pans.
Step 3: Bake
Bake the loaves for 40-50 minutes at 350 degrees.
Step 4: Cool
Let it cool for 30 minutes and remove it from the pan.
Step 5: Make the glaze
Mix and drizzle your cup of powdered sugar and 3-4 tablespoons of lemon juice to glaze your cake.
Serve and Enjoy!
Tips + Variations:
Make it Vegan:
Use these two simple substitutions:
- 1 egg = 1/4 cup of applesauce
- Substitute sour cream for equal parts full fat coconut milk. Let it refrigerate overnight for the same consistency. I recommend canned brands like That Kitchen!
- You can find many cake mixes that don’t have any powdered dairy in them, such as Betty Crocker!
And voila! It’s Vegan!
How can I add more lemon flavor?
If you want to add in some lemon zest, go for it! This is a great way to add some fresh lemon flavor.
How do you zest a lemon?
The easiest way to zest a lemon is to use a zester. Start on one side of the lemon and then rub the zester back and forth. You want to only zest off the yellow part – if any white starts showing, it’s time to spin the lemon and zest in another location.
Can you freeze this lemon loaf bread?
Yes, you can add it to the freezer. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container and then freeze it. It should stay fresh for 2-3 months.
Try these lemon and cake recipes next!
Love lemon desserts and lemon recipes? You’re going to love these!
Lemon Pound Cake (Starbucks Copy Cat)
Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 15.25 oz Package Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 3.4 oz Box Instant Lemon Pudding Mix
- 1 cup Sour cream
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two, 9×5 inch loaf pans.
- Combine all the cake ingredients in a large bowl and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour half the batter in each of the pans.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.Let cool in loaf pan for about 30 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
- Mix together glaze ingredients and drizzle over the top of the cake. Cut into pieces and serve.