Lemon essential oil is one of the most versatile and widely used oils for its potent properties and powerful aromatics!
We use it Lemon Essential Oil daily for a variety of things from adding to our home cleaning products to diffusing and more! It is also one of the most used oils in my book, Essential Oils for a Clean and Health Home, too!
What are the benefits of lemon essential oil?
Lemon Oil has so many properties that help promote health, energy, and purification. Its invigorating and warming aroma will freshen, clean, and energize wherever this essential oil is used. There are a ton of Lemon Essential Oil Benefits you could be using today!
What is lemon essential oil used for?
One of my favorite ways to use Lemon Essential Oil is to drink a couple of drops in my glass water bottle to help detox and cleanse. It’s great for boosting your immune system!
My kids drink their “lemon water” every morning before school and along with putting Thieves on their feet to help keep them healthy. It works for us! We’ve had minimal illness during this horrible cold and flu season. I truly believe it’s due to our use of essential oils this year and I’d love to share them with you!
Learn How to Use Essential Oils HERE!
Check out 34 amazing ways to use Lemon Essential Oil
Home Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
1. Stinky Laundry. Lemon essential oil takes out ALL odor when you forget and leave your load of laundry in the washer way too long!
2. Cure for Oozy, Sappy Trees. Whether you get sap on your hands, clothes or furniture – lemon oil is excellent for removing pine gum and tree sap.
3. Stop Grease in its Tracks. Soap alone won’t remove the grease, but lemon oil mixed with your soap will. Lemon oil is a great de-greaser!
4. Cleanse Surfaces. You can add lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and clean your entire kitchen and bathrooms safely! Add a little vinegar to shine things up and cut grease even more!
5. No mask required. When you clean the gunky build up in your shower, go gas mask free and clean with lemon oil. Just a small amount of lemon oil will go a long way in removing hard water build up.
6. Nourish Your Leathers. Use a lemon oil soaked cloth to preserve and prevent leather from splitting.
7. Refresh Silver. A lemon oil treated cloth is a great for the early stages of tarnish on silver or other metals.
8. Remove Sticky. Lemon oil can help you avert a hair cutting crisis the next time you deal with gum in hair. Removes stickers or temporary tattoos, too!
9. Revive Wood Furniture. Bring your furniture back to life with lemon oil! Just add a few drops of lemon oil to olive oil for a non-toxic furniture polish. Lemon oil leaves a beautiful shine, prevents fine wood finishes from drying out, and replaces lost moisture in antique woods as it penetrates worn finishes.
10. Clean Stainless. Lemon oil is great for cleaning stainless steel appliances. You’ll love the way stainless looks and smells! Make your own All-Natural Surface Scrub to really get the job done right!
11. Clean Granite or Porous Stone. What is living in the pores of your natural stone counters or floors? Lemon oil cleans deeply, seeps into stone and leaves you with a “real fresh lemons” aroma, rather than that fake lemon chemical smell.
12. Freshen Breath. A dd a drop of lemon and peppermint oils to chase away dragon breath.
13. Stinky smells. Moldy kid’s sneakers, a baby’s blowout, potty training – diffuse or spray lemon oil and neutralize odors with a DIY All Natural Air Freshener at their source!
14. Scuffs. Lemon oil lifts scuff marks in right away!
15. Freshen Musty or Mildewed. Get rid of that “old smell” and inject new energy with a good lemon oil wipe down.
16. Clean Cutting Boards. Cutting boards can harbor bacteria in your kitchen. Nobody wants to taste the chemicals you have in your cleaning closet, yet most people love the taste of lemon!
17. Bring the Shine Back. Say goodbye to tarnish with lemon oil! Just put a couple drops on a cotton ball and rub on the tarnish to bring back your metals natural beauty.
18. Spot-Free Dishes. Add a few drops of lemon oil to your dishwasher soap container with each load. Your dishes will come out looking like new… spot-free!
19. Refresh Bad Smelling Washcloths. When your kitchen washcloths smell foul and could use a boost, add lemon oil to your detergent, soak overnight, wash, dry and your kitchen will smell so much better! (one of my favorites!)
Learn How To Unlock the Power of Essential Oils with my best selling book!
Using Lemon Essential Oil in Food and Cooking
20. Energy Boost. For a quick, refreshing energy boost, combine a couple drops each of lemon essential oil and peppermint essential oil in a glass of water and drink up. Add a lemony taste to your bottled water.
21. Zest Up Your Sugary Indulgences. There are an infinite number of ways lemon oil can add a bit of freshness to your sugary savors: Lemon frosting • Lemon merengue • Sour cream lemon pie • Lemon cakes • Lemon tart glaze • Lemon squares • Lemon cookies • Breathtaking, awe-inspiring lemonade
23. Pep Up Your Entrees. With lemon oil, there are countless ways to make the bland zippy, or the blah peppy: Roasted salmon & asparagus with lemon oil, Linguine & shrimp with lemon oil, Lemon oil drizzled over vegetables (especially broccoli), Lemon garlic shrimp … or to add a fresh kick to an already great salad.
24. Preserve Fruits. Use lemon oil in a spray to keep your cut fruit fresh until serving or by giving a good wash in a bowl of lemon, vinegar and water.
Body and Mind Uses for Lemon Essential Oil
25. Ease Respiratory Issues. When used with a diffuser, it’s a great way to slow wheezing, colds, cough, and other upper respiratory problems.
26. Scratchy and Sore Throat. Adding a couple drops of lemon essential oil to warm water & honey can change that yucky sore throat feeling, slow a nasty cough. Lemon oil fights bacteria!
27. Hair Highlights …Chemical Free. Skip the expensive salon highlight treatment, and use lemon oil to create your own hair highlights. Just go in the sun after using with your hair product, and it will lighten your hair. Be careful, it works well!
28. Fight Fungus. Lemon oil is great for nails, and can help fight against nail fungus.
29. Stress and Nervousness. When combined with lavender oil and diffused into a room, you’ll find you feel less stress, a better mood, and more calm.
30. Clear Thinking & Clear Focus. A clear mind, a clean slate, a fresh outlook.
31. Take the Heat Out of Cold Sores. Douse cold sores with a few drops of lemon oil and you’ll have a new best friend.
32. Feel Happier. Chase away the blues with a bit of lemon oil. Whether you choose to diffuse it or apply topically, it’s hard to not improve your outlook with lemon oil around!
33. Smooth Skin. Next time you notice hard, crusty skin on your feet, (e.g. corns, calluses or bunions) regularly add a few drops of lemon oil and you’ll soon have softened skin!
34. A Brighter Complexion. Lemon oil can help remove dead skin cells and exfoliate. For a homemade exfoliant, add 4-5 drops to a small amount of oatmeal and water for a homemade scrub. Feels great!189