The BEST Chocolate Cream Pie Recipe! With a pre-made crust, instant chocolate pudding, and creamy whipped topping, this Chocolate Cream Pie will have you coming back for more!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
Anytime I’m looking for a fast, easy, and delicious pie recipe, this Instant Pudding Chocolate Pie is calling my name. The chocolate flavor and added chocolate chips are a tasty combination not to be missed.
I’m a huge fan of pudding pies. I was a bit skeptical at first but after I made my first one, I knew that these creamy pies were a game-changer in the kitchen. I tend to make these pies using a premade crust during the spring and summer months because they have a wonderful flavor, are easy to bake, and are no-fail!
This pie would be the perfect addition to your Easter dinner or summer fun family BBQ as well. There’s just something about a chocolate dessert like this pie or Chocolate Cobbler that makes everyone happy instantly.
This simple no-bake chocolate pie will have you loving how fast you’ll be cutting into your very first piece.
Ingredients to make this Chocolate Pie Recipe
- Frozen Pie Crust – I love using Pilsbury Frozen Deep Dish Pie crusts for this option because they always turn out perfect.
- Instant Chocolate Pudding – Instant is the way to go. Fast and always delicious.
- Whipped Topping – This gives that extra creamy texture and is the perfect topping. It’s also a key ingredient in my Cool Whip Pie!
- Chocolate Chips – Put on just a few or layer them thick!
How To Make Chocolate Creme Pie
- Bake the crust – Bake your frozen pie crust according to the directions on the package. Allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
- Make the pie filling – To a large bowl, combine the instant chocolate pudding and milk. Mix well. Add 1 cup of whipped topping and fold to mix. Pour mixture into the crust to chill.
- Add toppings – You can add on the whipped topping and chocolate chips either before you chill the pie OR right before serving. I normally do it right before serving if I’m not taking it anywhere.
Tips or Variations
- If you’d rather not use a frozen pie crust, you can make and bake your own crust or use a graham cracker crust as well. I even like a refrigerated crust! I even think that an Oreo crust would be super good here, too!
- Use whole milk or 2% for this recipe. Skim milk tends to get watery in the pudding. You need a higher fat content milk to get a creamy consistency.
- Make certain that you chill the pie before serving for perfect slices of pie.
You can. If you want to save this pie for later, you can add it to your freezer in a freezer-safe storage container. When you’re ready to eat, just place it in the fridge or on the counter to let it unthaw before cutting. Or enjoy frozen for a frozen summer treat! I think that freezing this chocolate cream pie with pudding sounds divine!
This is why this pie recipe rocks. Any flavor of the instant pudding will work so have fun changing up the flavor of the pie and the topping!
Here are a few of our favorite pudding pie flavors:
Looking for more easy dessert recipes, here are some of our favorites!
- Coconut Cream Cake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Oreo Dessert
- Strawberry Dump Cake
- Cherry Pie
- Homemade Brownies
- French Silk Pie
Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 2 cups cold milk whole milk is best
- 2 packages 3.4 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 carton 8 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Bake frozen pie crust as directed on the package and allow to cool on a rack while you prepare the pudding filling
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding on low speed for 2 minutes. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Pour into crust and chill for atleast 2 hours before seriving.
- Before serving, top with remaining whipped topping and chocoalte chips.