These Air Fryer Chicken Breasts are the best recipe for cooking chicken. Not only is it fast and simple, but the chicken comes out moist and delicious every single time!
In under an hour, you can easily have this chicken dish hot and ready on the table for your family. The marinade has such an awesome flavor and taste that everyone will love.
Make this family-friendly dinner any time of the year! This is literally my favorite air fryer chicken breast recipe!
(Don’t have an air fryer? Then try Easy Baked Chicken Breasts or Dutch Oven Chicken Breast instead!)
Boneless Chicken Breast with a fresh homemade marinade
There are so many ways that you can serve up this tasty cooked chicken. Pair it up with steamed veggies or try it with some Instant Pot Corn on the Cob.
And if you’re lucky enough to have some leftover, it reheats easily and tastes amazing the next day, too!
If you’re a fan of chicken, make certain to try our Delicious Chicken Salad Recipe as well. You can even use some of this Air Fryer chicken that is leftover to add to your chicken salad recipe! Leftover juicy chicken breasts pair perfectly with other recipe ideas.
The ingredients needed to make air fryer chicken recipes are easy! For full measurements, scroll to the recipe card below.
- Olive oil – Coconut oil could be used as well.
- Garlic cloves – Minced garlic adds so much flavor!
- Salt – Just a bit goes a long way.
- Black pepper – Freshly ground black pepper is key.
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Worcestershire Sauce – Even if you can’t spell it, make certain to add it to your chicken recipe. It really packs in the flavor.
- Lemon juice – The subtle hint of lemon really adds quite the taste to this simple chicken recipe.
If you’re a fan of more chicken recipes, check out this! Homemade Chicken Pot Pie is an entire meal with a crust. Chicken, veggies, and more are waiting to be enjoyed!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREASTS
In a large bowl, whisk together ingredients for the marinade. Add chicken breast to a large container or resealable bag, pour marinade over chicken, seal. Refrigerate from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
Remove from refrigerator and set at room temperature, 20-30 minutes
Preheat air fryer at 370 degrees F for 5 minutes
Place chicken breasts in the Air Fryer basket, leaving room between the breasts so they cook evenly
Spray each chicken breast with olive oil
Place back into preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes
Remove the basket and flip breasts over, spray again with olive oil and cook for another 6-8 minutes, chicken is done when the internal temperature is 160 degrees F when checked with an instant-read thermometer
Remove from the Air Fryer basket and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving
TIPS FOR SUCCESS
- Be sure to marinate your chicken for the juiciest, best flavorful chicken breasts!
- Do not overlap the chicken when adding to the basket to guarantee even cooking.
- Timing will vary depending on the air fryer you use. Be sure to use a meat thermometer and that the chicken is at 165 degrees before eating.
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Breasts FAQs
How do you store leftover chicken?
For the best results, you need to store leftovers of this chicken breast air fryer recipe in an airtight container and keep it chilled in the fridge.
To reheat, you can add them back to the air fryer and let the hot air warm them up or put them in the microwave for a quick cook time.
You can also freeze leftovers of this healthy meal by adding the chicken breasts to a freezer bag.
How do you keep the chicken cutlets from sticking to the air fryer?
The first time you make it, this might happen if you don’t use a little cooking spray! If you spray correctly, you should only have to use tongs to gently remove the chicken – not pull it off. When air frying, make certain to add an even layer of spray to the air fryer.
What side dishes go well with this quick dinner?
French fries are always a good choice but so are mashed potatoes as well. The best part is that this simple recipe will really go well with so many other dishes!
What makes this one of the best air fryer recipes?
I just love how you can use these directions for other types of chicken meat. This easy weeknight dinner recipe is great for flavorful chicken breast, air fryer chicken thighs, chicken drumsticks, and more!
Make certain to grab the full printable recipe below! This recipe makes the juiciest chicken breasts that are perfect for busy weeknights!
EASY CHICKEN RECIPES
- Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Easy Marinated Grilled Chicken Tenders
- Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs & Potatoes
Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ cup fresh basil, minced and lightly packed or 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 – 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil cooking spray
- In a large bowl, whisk together ingredients for marinade. Add chicken breast to large container or resealable bag, pour marinade over chicken, seal. Refrigerate from 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Remove from refrigerator and set at room temperature, 20-30 minutes
- Preheat air fryer at 370 degrees F for 5 minutes
- Place chicken breasts in the Air Fryer basket, leaving room between the breasts so they cook evenly
- Spray each chicken breast with olive oil
- Place back into preheated air fryer and cook for 10 minutes
- Remove basket and flip breasts over, spray again with olive oil and cook for another 6-8 minutes, chicken is done when the internal temperature is 160 degrees F when checked with an instant read thermometer
- Remove from the Air Fryer basket and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving