This copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi tastes just as good, if not better than the real deal! It’s easy to make at home for a fraction of the cost!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
There’s no denying that Olive Garden is delicious! However, if you’re anything like me, you’re always looking for homemade versions of your favorite restaurant recipes.
Luckily, this homemade Olive Garden Chicken Scampi doesn’t disappoint! It’s savory, creamy, and full of protein and veggies. However, the best part is that it comes together with minimal prep time, a quick cook time, and a total time of just over 30 minutes!
Pair it with Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup and a side of garlic bread, and you’ve got quite a fancy meal. And you can have it on the table in less time than it takes to drive to your local restaurant!
Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
Make sure that you take note of the easy directions for this dish. If you’ve ever been curious about how famous restaurants create some of their top dishes, you’re about to learn some of the best tricks and tips!
This would be super delicious to have for a busy weeknight dinner or a great way to feed the family after a night of sports and running around.
No matter when you decide to make it, everyone is surely going to love filling their plate!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Angel hair pasta – This is the type of pasta that works best, but you can use any type of pasta that you want.
- Olive oil
- Chicken tenders – Any cut of chicken will work for this pasta recipe.
- All-purpose flour – Substitute a 1:1 all-purpose gluten-free flour if catering to gluten allergies.
- Seasonings – You’ll need Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper.
- Veggies – Red bell pepper, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, red onion, and minced garlic add lots of color and nutrients!
- Unsalted butter
- Chicken broth – Feel free to substitute bone broth.
- White wine – This can be optional.
- Heavy cream – Adds richness and creaminess to the dish.
- Grated parmesan cheese – Freshly grated cheese always has the best flavor!
How to Make Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
- Cook the pasta: Add the water to a large pot, and bring it to a boil. Cook the pasta to al dente according to the package instructions. Drain the pasta, and toss it in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add seasonings: Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
- Heat skillet: Add the rest of the olive oil to a large skillet, and heat over medium-high heat.
- Coat the chicken: Toss the chicken tenders in the flour mixture, and transfer them to the hot skillet. Make sure that they’re arranged in a single layer! You may have to do this in batches.
- Cook the chicken: Cook the chicken tenders for four minutes. Then, flip them over, and continue to cook for another three minutes. Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate, and set it aside.
- Add the peppers: Add the sliced peppers and onion to the skillet, and cook for five minutes. They should be softened and browned slightly. Remove the veggies, and set them aside.
- Add the butter: Add the butter and the garlic to the skillet, and cook for 30 seconds over medium heat. Stir the entire time! Next, add the wine and chicken broth to the skillet, and bring the liquid to a boil. Scrape the bottom of the skillet as you mix to get those yummy brown bits.
- Add the cream: Add the heavy cream and cheese, and stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add the pasta: Add the cooked pasta and peppers to the skillet, and toss to combine and coat.
- Serve: Divide the pasta and veggies between two bowls, and top with the cooked chicken. Add some freshly chopped parsley on top as a garnish, and enjoy!
Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit and is safe to eat!
How to Store Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
Once cooled, you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one to two days. Reheat in the microwave or a skillet over medium heat. Add a splash of broth as needed to loosen the pasta back up.
You can easily serve this recipe on its own as a complete meal. Or, try pairing it with sides like steamed broccoli, roasted vegetables, or air fryer Brussels sprouts. Then, add dinner rolls or homemade biscuits to make your meal extra filling.
No, the two are entirely different dishes. Alfredo recipes like chicken alfredo are made with a white, creamy alfredo sauce. Meanwhile, scampi dishes are made with a simple wine and butter sauce flavored with garlic.
The word ‘scampi’ is Italian for a type of small crustacean. However, these lobster-like crustaceans aren’t typically found in water around the United States. So, shrimp scampi uses the traditional recipe, and swaps the protein for shrimp.
I do not recommend freezing this dish, because the heavy cream will not thaw well.
Olive Garden Chicken Scampi
- 1 Large pot
- 1 Mixing bowl
- 1 large skillet
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter unsalted
- 2 Tablespoons garlic minced
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Add water to a large pot and bring it to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the package. Drain the pasta and toss it in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.12 ounces angel hair pasta, 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.¾ cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Add the rest of the olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Toss the chicken tenders in the mixture and put them in the pan. Make sure that they're in a single layer. You may have to do this in batches.1 pound chicken tenders
- Cook the chicken tenders for 4 minutes, then flip them and cook them for another 3 minutes. Take the cooked chicken out of the pan and place it on a plate.
- Add the sliced peppers and onion to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. They should be softened and browned slightly. Remove the veggies and set them aside.1 red bell pepper, 1 green bell pepper, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 cup red onion
- Put the butter and the garlic into the skillet and cook for 30 seconds over medium heat. Stir the whole time. Add the wine and chicken broth to the skillet and boil. Scrape the bottom of the skillet as you mix to get those yummy brown bits.2 Tablespoons butter, 2 Tablespoons garlic, 1 cup chicken broth, ½ cup white wine
- Add the heavy cream and cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.¼ cup heavy cream, ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Add the cooked pasta and peppers into the skillet and toss together.
- Divide the pasta and veggies between two bowls and top with the cooked chicken. Add some freshly chopped parsley on top as a garnish.