If you love a good Snickers bar, you’ll go crazy for this Snickers cake! In just 15 minutes you can have a gooey, chocolate caramel cake that tastes just like your favorite candy bar.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
Don’t be surprised if you like this cake form of a Snickers bar even better than the original candy. Made with chocolate, caramel, and pieces of candy, it’s all too easy to eat slice after slice of this fabulous treat!
If you love this Snickers poke cake recipe, you won’t want to miss out on my Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup pie and my Snickers Salad, too. Anytime I can turn one of my favorite candy bars into a delicious dessert, I jump at the chance!
Snickers Cake Recipe
While I love making homemade chocolate cake from scratch, I very often appreciate a good boxed cake mix. They are just so quick and easy to use! Therefore, the first layer of my Snickers cake is a moist chocolate cake made with a simple box mix. Once you have that warm cake baked, it is time for the toppings.
The chocolate cake is drizzled with a homemade caramel sauce which soaks right in. On top of the caramel layer, I spread a thick layer of fresh whipped cream. Then, the top of the cake is garnished with chopped peanuts, a chocolate sauce drizzle, and a little extra caramel for good measure. Not only does this Snicker’s cake taste divine, but it is easy to make and it looks incredible. It doesn’t get any better than that!
Now you can have your cake and your candy, too! Make my Snickers cake for special occasions. Or, just bake it for your family tonight, because it is always a good day to have a perfect candy cake.
Ingredients for Snickers Cake
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Boxed chocolate cake mix – I like Betty Crocker Devil’s Food Cake best, but you can whip up this cake batter with any dry mix you like best!
- Eggs – Here’s how to crack an egg with ease.
- Vegetable oil
- Sweetened condensed milk – Make sure you grab sweetened condensed milk, which is much different from evaporated milk. The two are often mixed up and have very different ingredients!
- Heavy cream
- Powdered sugar – Powdered sugar will melt into the heavy cream quickly and doesn’t leave a gritty texture behind.
- Vanilla extract
- Snicker’s bars – Two full-sized bars are the perfect size for garnishing this cake.
- Dry roasted salted peanuts – Unsalted peanuts will work as well, but the salted ones are used in real Snickers bars.
- Chocolate sauce – Look for a jar with the ice cream sundae stuff in the grocery store.
- Caramel sauce – You can also find caramel sauce with the ice cream toppings at your local grocery store.
Here are a few tweaks and alterations that will work well in this recipe.
- Spread a layer of chocolate ganache over the entire cake before topping it with the whipped cream. This will add extra candy-bar chocolate flavor and texture.
- Use Cool Whip in place of homemade whipped cream frosting. You could also top the cake with Marshmallow fluff as a fun, candy-like alternative.
- Make your own chocolate cake from scratch rather than using a boxed mix.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter buttercream frosting over the chocolate cake layer to make a peanut butter Snickers cake. You can also stir a 1/2 cup of softened peanut butter into the condensed milk mix to infuse more peanut butter flavor into the recipe.
How to Make Snickers Cake
- Prepare: Preheat your oven to 350ºF, and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Make the cake: Whisk the chocolate cake mix, eggs, and oil in a bowl. Then, pour the mixture into the greased cake pan. Bake for 30 minutes, and set aside to cool.
- Poke holes: Use your finger or a wooden spoon handle to poke holes in the cake.
- Soak: Combine the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce in a bowl. Then, pour the mixture evenly over the cake.
- Frost the cake: Whisk the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla in a bowl until stiff peaks form. Then, spread the whipped cream evenly over the cake.
- Garnish: Sprinkle the chopped Snickers bars, caramel sauce, and chocolate sauce over the entire cake. Add the chopped peanuts, and enjoy!
Try mixing 1 cup of chopped Snickers bars into the cake batter before baking to get even more Snickers flavor. Toss the chopped Snickers bars in 1/4 cup all-purpose flour before stirring them into the batter. This will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake as it bakes!
How to Store Snickers Cake
If you happen to have leftover Snickers Cake, wrap the pan with plastic wrap, and store it in the fridge for up to one week. You can also store individual slices in an airtight container (which makes them all too easy to grab and eat!).
I do not recommend freezing Snickers cake. The fresh whipped cream will not freeze well, and the cake is likely to become soggy once thawed.
Snickers candy is made with milk chocolate, caramel, and peanut butter nougat. It also has whole peanuts in every bar. We took all those tasty flavors, and turned them into this easy Snickers cake recipe!
I do not recommend freezing this cake. The soft whipped cream does not freeze well. Plus, the cake is so easy to make that you can whip up a fresh cake in a few minutes!
Sure! Bake the Snickers cake in a round cake pan. Then, add the topping as directed. A 10” round cake pan will work perfectly. You can also pour the cake batter into two 8” round cake pans, and bake as directed on the cake box. Stack the two layers of chocolate cake together with some peanut butter buttercream. Then, ice the cake with homemade whipped cream, and add the toppings. This is an easy way to create a layered Snickers cake!
- Mixing bowls
- Whisk or stand mixer with a whisk attachment
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoon
- 1 box (15.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 full-sized Snickers bars
- 1/2 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts
- chocolate sauce
- caramel sauce
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a 9×13 cake pan with baking spray.
- Start by making the chocolate cake. Whisk the chocolate cake mix, water, eggs and oil in a large bowl until smooth.1 box (15.25 ounces) chocolate cake mix, 1 cup water, 3 eggs, 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Pour the chocolate cake batter into the prepared cake pan and spread it evenly. Bake the cake for about 30 minutes. The cake will spring back to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake will come out cleanly. Let the cake cool in the pan.
- Once the cake has cooled, use your finger or the round handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes across the entire cake, making a small hole every 1-2 inches.
- Mix the sweetened condensed milk and caramel sauce in a medium sized bowl. Pour the mix over the entire cake, letting it soak into the holes.1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, 1 cup caramel sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until the mix forms stiff peaks. Spread the whipped cream over the entire cake, making a nice and even layer.1 1/2 cups heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkle the chopped Snickers bars and peanuts across the top of the cake then drizzle with the chocolate sauce and extra caramel sauce.2 full-sized Snickers bars, 1/2 cup dry roasted, salted peanuts, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce
- Serve the cake immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to enjoy a slice!
- Replace the homemade whipped cream with thawed Cool Whip for a faster whipped topping.