Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies are soft, chewy, and topped with a Hershey’s Kiss. These Chocolate Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies make for the perfect Christmas cookies and are great for year-round baking!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
With the center of each cookie holding my favorite candy, it’s no wonder that I can’t get enough of these cookies and milk chocolate candy! These Hershey Kiss Cookies are my favorite! You’re going to love the added peanut butter flavor.
Is there anything better than Peanut Butter and chocolate? I would say combining them together to create these Peanut Butter Kiss cookies is one of the best things in the world. These cookies are soft, chewy, and delicious.
Whether you call them Kiss cookies or Peanut Butter Blossoms, they’re always packed with a classic peanut butter chocolate flavor that we all know and love! I remember growing up and helping my mom unwrap all the Hershey’s Kisses for a big batch of Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies every Christmas.
Tasty Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie Recipe
I couldn’t wait until baking day when I would be able to eat one of these little bites of Christmas Cookie heaven right out of the oven after adding on the chocolate kisses.
Then, you’ll definitely want to check out our Christmas Cookie Recipes next! Like our No-Bake Christmas Crunch Cookies, Christmas M&M Cookies, Shortbread Cookies, No Bake Cookies (Without Peanut Butter), and Cracker Toffee.
Ingredients Needed For Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Sugar (brown and granulated) – Sugar is a must for dessert right?! In this recipe, we will use both granulated and brown sugar to help create a sweet flavor while keeping the cookies soft and moist.
- Baking soda – Baking soda is the reason why our cookies rise and get nice and fluffy.
- Peanut butter – Use creamy peanut butter to make your cookies nice and smooth. Also, try to avoid natural varieties as they tend to separate and can cause your cookies to become runny.
- Hersey Kisses – You can’t make kiss cookies without the kiss!
- Salt – This enhances the flavor of the rest of the ingredients.
- Flour – Regular all-purpose flour forms the base of the cookie dough.
- Large Egg – Helps bind your cookies.
- Milk – Milk helps add that fluffiness to the cookies as the ingredients cream together.
- Vanilla extract – Use a high-quality vanilla extract.
- Butter – I always recommend unsalted butter when baking.
- For a nut-free version, swap the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter instead.
- Replace the milk chocolate kisses with dark chocolate kisses, white chocolate kisses, Hugs, or pieces of your favorite candy such as peanut butter cups.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in colored sanding sugar before baking for a beautiful appearance and an extra sweet taste.
How to Make Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Prep: First, preheat the oven to 375°, and line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream: Mix the peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add in brown sugar and granulated sugar. Cream together until the mixture is nice and fluffy.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients: Add the egg, milk, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Mix the dry ingredients: In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Working slowly, mix the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients until a smooth cookie dough is formed. Be careful not to overmix!
- Shape: Shape cookie dough into 1-inch balls using a medium cookie scoop. Roll them in granulated sugar, and place them on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake: Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until the cookies are lightly browned.
- Add the chocolate: Remove the cookies from the oven, and immediately add your unwrapped Hershey’s Kiss to the top of each cookie pressing down slightly.
- Cool: Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy: Try to let them cool for a few minutes before eating, but let’s be honest we don’t blame you if you sneak one to “test them” before sharing!
For the best results, use a food scale to measure your ingredients. Or, if that isn’t an option, use the spoon and level method instead!
How To Store Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Store these peanut butter blossom cookies at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Over time they will lose their freshness. If this happens you can warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds to soften the cookies up a bit.
Yes! The cookie recipe is very easy to double, giving you loads and loads of holiday cookies. The recipe can even be tripled depending on how many cookies you want to make.
Of course! Freeze baked cookies for up to 3 months. Or, freeze the dough instead! To do so, shape the dough into balls, but do not roll them in sugar. Place the cookie dough balls cookie sheets lined with waxed paper, and freeze until firm. Then, transfer the cookie dough to a freezer-safe container or sealable bag, and freeze for up to 3 months. To bake, roll the frozen dough in sugar, and bake as directed, adding 3-6 minutes of baking time as needed.
If you find your cookies are dry and crumbling, chances are you added too much flour. Make sure to measure all of the ingredients properly before adding them to the mix.
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- Mixing bowls
- Cookie Sheets
- Measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- Wire Cooling Rack
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling
- 1-3/4 cups Hershey’s Brand Milk Chocolates 10-oz. pkg.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy.1/2 cup butter, 3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, 1/3 cup light brown sugar packed
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.1 large egg, 2 Tablespoons milk, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl; gradually add to peanut butter mixture, beating until well blended.1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.1/3 cup additional granulated sugar for rolling
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately place 3 chocolates on top of each cookie, pressing down slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.1-3/4 cups Hershey’s Brand Milk Chocolates