No Bake Egg Nog Pie is loaded with familiar holiday flavors, a creamy filling, and a Graham cracker crust. It’s easy to make and is the perfect holiday dessert for your special family gatherings, potlucks, and parties!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
Don’t you just love a no-bake dessert? I do, and this No Bake Eggnog Pie is one of my go-to recipes for the holidays. Assembled with minimal prep time, it chills for several hours so you can move along with the rest of your holiday preparations – like preparing the spiraled ham or roasted turkey!
The key to making a light and fluffy egg nog pie filling is to gently fold the Cool Whip into the mixture without beating out the air. Once the is assembled, get it into the fridge quickly for it to set and for all those delicious flavors to meld together!
Like my No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie, this egg nog pie can easily be made in advance and stored in the fridge or the freezer. All you have to do is pull it out and serve it cold with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or your favorite holiday beverage.
No Bake Egg Nog Pie Recipe
The holidays aren’t complete without a few eggnog recipes! While a traditional glass of warm eggnog is enticing, adding eggnog to other recipes, such as this No Bake Egg Nog Pie and Eggnog French Toast, is fun and adds another layer of classic holiday flavor to your festive treats.
Simple recipe variations can be made to suit your family’s preferences, too! No matter how you prepare it, this easy No Bake Egg Nog Pie is always a crowd-pleaser and is an easy way to cut down on your baking time this holiday season.
If you’d like to try more no-bake holiday recipes, be sure to have a look at these No-Bake Christmas Crunch Cookies, Red Velvet Waffles, and my No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles. There’s something here for everyone!
Ingredients for No Bake Egg Nog Pie
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Egg nog – Use homemade or store-bought egg nog, but it must be cold for this recipe. Full-fat egg nog is best for a rich flavor and creamy consistency.
- Vanilla instant pudding mix
- Cool Whip – Thawed for easy mixing into the pie filling ingredients. You can use another brand of whipped topping if you like. Keep enough aside to top the assembled pie before serving.
- Ground spices – Nutmeg and cinnamon
- Graham Cracker pie crust – You can make this crust with crushed Graham crackers and melted butter, or buy a pre-made Graham cracker crust from your local grocery store.
- If you’re making the pie crust at home and don’t want to use Graham crackers, consider using Golden Oreos, vanilla wafers, or Ginger Snaps for a slight kick of spice. A pastry pie crust could also be used.
- For an adult version, add about 2 teaspoons of rum to the pie-filling mixture.
- Make mini no bake egg nog pies using mini disposable aluminum pie pans.
- If you need more than one pie, you can easily double the recipe and add to either two pie shells or one larger dish. Keep in mind that you may need to increase the chill time if you double the pie ingredients for one large dessert.
- You may want to freeze this egg nog pie and enjoy it as a frozen treat! It’s just as delicious!
How to Make No Bake Egg Nog Pie
- Make the pie filling: Whisk the vanilla pudding into a bowl of cold egg nog until the mixture thickens. Next, fold the rest of the pie filling ingredients into the mixture.
- Assemble the egg nog pie: Scoop the pie filling into the prepared pie crust, and smooth it out gently.
- Refrigerate: Chill the pie in the fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
- Serve: Top the pie with extra Cool Whip and a sprinkle of nutmeg to serve.
Don’t over-stir the Cool Whip in the pie filling as this will reduce the air in the mixture and affect the fluffy texture.
How to Store No Bake Egg Nog Pie
Store leftover no bake egg nog pie in the refrigerator in an airtight container or wrapped with plastic wrap for up to 3-4 days.
Enjoy this chilled no bake egg nog pie with a dollop of Cool Whip, whipped cream, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Yes, I recommend chilling this egg nog pie for a minimum of 4 hours in the fridge to allow the creamy pie filling to set and the flavors to develop.
Make sure the pie is chilled before attempting to slice it. Use a large, sharp knife and make cuts across the pie. It’s also a good idea to clean your knife in between cuts for the prettiest slices.
Absolutely! This no bake egg nog pie can be frozen for up to 6 months. When you’re ready to eat, serve it straight from the freezer. Or, let it thaw in the fridge overnight.
Eggnog is a holiday drink typically consisting of eggs, egg yolks, milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Some versions also contain alcohol like brandy, rum, or whisky.
No Bake Egg Nog Pie
- Medium sized mixing bowl
- Rubber spatula
- 2 cups egg nog cold
- 1 (3.4 oz) package Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 ¼ cup Cool Whip thawed
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Graham Cracker Pie
- Add the cold egg nog to a medium sized mixing bowl and sprinkle the vanilla pudding mix on top. Whisk the pudding into the egg nog until it starts to thicken (about 2-3 minutes).2 cups egg nog, 1 (3.4 oz) package
- Fold the Cool Whip, nutmeg, and cinnamon into the pudding mix until it is just combined. Do not stir too vigorously or the Cool Whip will lose all its fluff!1 ¼ cup Cool Whip, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Scoop the mix into the pie crust and gently smooth it into an even layer.1 Graham Cracker Pie
- Refrigerate the pie for at least 4 hours.
- Slice and serve with some extra Cool Whip, whipped cream or a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- No Bake egg nog pie is also fantastic as a frozen pie. Pop it into the freezer for 4 hours rather than the fridge and enjoy a nice, cold treat.