Follow these easy step-by-step directions on How to Make A Pumpkin Roll with a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting for an easy and delicious dessert that is always a crowd favorite!
Fall is in the air! I am so excited!! I just love all the food, family and fun that comes from October to January, including this Pumpkin Cake Roll Recipe!
There are certain foods that take me back to being younger that I look forward to making every year.
I also like to add in new recipes that I hope will be a hit and will make it into my recipe repertoire each year. And then there are those that I’ve always been a little intimated to make, but try them anyway. I’m so thankful for a house full of little people who love anything I make. Flop or not – they always love mom’s cooking!
One of my favorite recipes that I used to be really afraid to make that really isn’t scary at all is a Pumpkin Roll!
Pumpkin Roll Recipe
OH my goodness! This Pumpkin Roll Recipe is a delicious, easy dessert that everyone loves! AND it’s really easy to make! Get ready…I’m going to show you how to make it right now!
Pumpkin Roll Ingredients:
To make this classic pumpkin roll recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, eggs, vanilla, granulated sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice:
- Pumpkin puree
- Cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla: For the cream cheese filling.
A little warning – lots of pretty pictures to come!
How to Make A Pumpkin Roll
1. First – mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl – flour, baking soda, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
2. Next – mix the wet ingredients together in a mixing bowl – eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Then, mix your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. Combine by hand just until combined and spread evenly into a parchment lined 15×10 jelly roll pan.
(hint: spray your parchment paper with no-stick spray to make sure it doesn’t stick)
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. It doesn’t take long at all!
5. Roll When you pull your Pumpkin Roll out of the oven, carefully slide the cake onto a flat surface and carefully roll from one small end to the other small end. Lay on a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Unroll Once your cake is completely cool, carefully unroll and spread with the cream cheese frosting. Make sure to leave a 1/2 inch border around the edges so that it doesn’t come out as you roll it back up.
7. Next, roll up again. But this time as you roll, carefully remove the parchment paper as you go.
8. Wrap Now you can wrap your Pumpkin Roll tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil. Chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours before cutting!
If you’d like, top with lots of powdered sugar before you’re ready to serve! It is the perfect finishing touch!
Here’s the whole Pumpkin Roll Recipe to print out to keep on hand!
Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 pkg. 8 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375° F.
- Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and granulated sugar until thick.
- Beat in pumpkin, mixing well.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched.
- Immediately loosen and slide out of pan onto a heatproof surface.
- Carefully roll up cake with paper still on starting with narrow end.
- Cool on a wire rack completely.
- Combine cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add in powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Unroll cake carefully once it's completely cool.
- Spread Cream Cheese Filling on the cake, almost to edges.
- Carefully roll back up but peel off parchment paper as you go.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and chill in fridge for 3-4 hours before slicing.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, before serving.
How To Store A Pumpkin Roll:
Pumpkin rolls can be kept in the refrigerator and freezer, so they’re the perfect dessert to make ahead of time or to store for later.
To store your pumpkin roll, wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap. Then you can either refrigerate it for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
Making your own Pumpkin Roll is easy to do and always delicious! I am sure your Pumpkin Cake Roll will come out great if you follow these easy step-by-step directions on How to Make A Pumpkin Roll!
Check out these pumpkin recipes, next!