Follow these easy step-by-step directions on How to Make A Pumpkin Roll with a delicious Cream Cheese Frosting for an easy and delicious dessert that is always a crowd favorite!
Fall is in the air! I am so excited!! I just love all the food, family, and fun that comes from October to January, including this pumpkin cake roll recipe!
Traditional Pumpkin Roll Recipe
I also like to add new recipes that I hope will be a hit and will make it into my recipe repertoire each year. And then there are those that I’ve always been a little intimated to make, but try them anyway. I’m so thankful for a house full of little people who love anything I make. Flop or not – they always love mom’s cooking!
One of my favorite recipes that I used to be really afraid to make that really isn’t scary at all is a Pumpkin Roll!
OH my goodness! This Pumpkin Roll Recipe is a delicious, easy dessert that everyone loves! AND it’s really easy to make! Get ready…I’m going to show you how to make it right now!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Granulated sugar
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Pumpkin puree
Cream Cheese Filling
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
How to Make A Pumpkin Roll
- 1. Mix your dry ingredients: In a bowl – flour, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice.
- 2. Mix the wet ingredients: In a mixing bowl – eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla. Mix well.
- 3. Add dry ingredients to your wet ingredients: Combine by hand just until combined and spread evenly into a parchment-lined 15×10 jelly roll pan. Spray your parchment paper with no-stick spray to make sure it doesn’t stick)
- 4. Bake: At 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes. It doesn’t take long at all!
- 5. Roll The Cake: When you pull your Pumpkin Roll out of the oven, carefully slide the cake onto a flat surface and carefully roll it from one small end to the other small end. Lay on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6. Unroll Once your cake is completely cool, carefully unroll it and spread it with the cream cheese frosting. Make sure to leave a 1/2-inch border around the edges so that it doesn’t come out as you roll it back up.
- 7. Roll up again: But this time as you roll, carefully remove the parchment paper as you go.
- 8. Wrap: Now you can wrap your Pumpkin Roll tightly in plastic wrap and then in foil. Chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours before cutting!
If you’d like, top it with lots of powdered sugar before you’re ready to serve! It is the perfect finishing touch!
How To Store A Pumpkin Roll:
Pumpkin rolls can be kept in the refrigerator and freezer, so they’re the perfect dessert to make ahead of time or to store for later.
To store your pumpkin roll, wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap. Then you can either refrigerate it for up to 5 days or freeze it for up to 3 months.
Making your own Pumpkin Roll is easy to do and always delicious! I am sure your Pumpkin Cake Roll will come out great if you follow these easy step-by-step directions on How to Make A Pumpkin Roll!
More Pumpkin Recipes To Enjoy
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- Cake Mix Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
Pumpkin Roll Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 375° F. Line a 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan with parchment paper. Lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in small bowl.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, vanilla and granulated sugar until thick. Beat in pumpkin, mixing well. Stir in flour mixture.
- Spread evenly into prepared pan. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and slide out of pan onto a heatproof surface. Carefully roll up cake with paper still on starting with narrow end. Cool on a wire rack completely.
- Make the filling. Combine cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add in powdered sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Unroll cake carefully once it's completely cool. Spread Cream Cheese Filling on the cake, almost to edges. Carefully roll back up but peel off parchment paper as you go. Wrap in plastic wrap and then foil and chill in fridge for 3-4 hours before slicing. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired, before serving.