These Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts, topped with cinnamon-sugar, are the ultimate easy fall dessert! It’s one of my favorite fall donut recipes and a great way to start the day. Pair this pumpkin donut recipe up with a cup of coffee and that’s about perfect in my book!
The first time that you whip up this doughnut recipe, you’re going to be hooked! There’s just nothing like those fall flavors after a hot and long summer!
Pumpkin Donuts Recipe
Hello, fall! It’s that time. Time for all things pumpkin! I love this time of year with all its spiciness. (is that a word?! haha!) I can’t get enough pumpkin in my life once the weather turns cooler. Pumpkin candles, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin dump cake, pumpkin pie, pumpkin muffins – really, all things pumpkin. Early fall is a great time to get a little “me time” before the craziness of the holidays comes around.
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t find a little comfort in donuts?!
One of my favorite, FAVORITE fall desserts is Pumpkin Spice Donuts. We have this little shop down the road that makes the most amazing version that I just have to have. I love them so much, I thought I’d recreate them at home. I mean, how hard could it be? It turns out, not that hard at all!
Plus, wait till you try them infused with Oregon Chai® Tea Latte Concentrate from Walmart. Total game changer! You’d never guess how easy it is to make these.
One of the reasons I love shopping at Walmart for things like this is because they have everything I need at the very best price. There is never a time I go in and can’t find the item I’m looking for!
They actually usually have more than I am looking for in a variety of flavors and types. Being able to get everything you need from laundry detergent to Oregon Chai Tea in one location is just what this busy mama likes! When I can grab all my ingredients needed in the easiest way possible, I’m excited for that each and every time!
You can even make your own Pumpkin Spice to go into the donuts if you are really ambitious. It’s not hard either!
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
This Baked Pumpkin Spice Donut recipe is super easy to make at home! You can go from nothing to Pumpkin Donuts with a yummy cake consistency and cinnamon sugar topping in about 30 minutes!
These delicious donuts are perfect for anyone that love pumpkin flavors topped with cinnamon sugar mixture. Save yourself a trip to the donut shop and create your own dozen donuts right at home! I’ll show you the easy way to make this baked donut recipe fast!
WOW! Why haven’t I done this sooner?! Why haven’t YOU done this sooner?! haha! Well, I’m going to walk you right through it and you’ll be singing my praises for years to come. Right?! RIGHT!
When it comes to pumpkin recipes, these pumpkin spice cake donuts rock! You can even make little donut holes with the same ingredients, too! Every time I tell the kids that I’m making homemade donuts, they’re hoping that I’m talking about this pumpkin spice doughnut collection. Forget about Krispy Kreme, these are where it’s at!
I’m even thinking I need to turn my favorite Homemade Waffle Recipe into a pumpkin spice version after having these delicious bites of heaven. You can never have enough pumpkin in your life!
Ingredients to make Pumpkin Donuts
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- baking powder – gives the donuts that fluffy texture!
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking soda
- pumpkin puree – make sure that you’re using real pumpkin.
- chia tea concentrate – this can be optional, but it adds so much flavor!
- milk –
How To Make Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts:
- Mix: First, mix your dry ingredients together in a large bowl: flour, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add wet ingredients: Next, mix your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients: pumpkin, eggs, chai tea, and butter. Mix with a hand-held mixer until just incorporated. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick. Don’t let that scare you.
- Add to a piping bag: Add the mixture to a large piping bag. Clip off the end of the bag where you have a larger opening for the thick batter to come out. (Alternately, you could just spoon the mixture into your donut pan instead of piping) A plastic bag works well if you don’t have a piping bag.
- Pipe into the pan: Pipe the donut batter into a greased donut pan, If you don’t have a donut pan, you can just make little circles onto a greased cookie sheet. That will work, too!
- Bake: Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 325-degree oven – when the dough springs back when touched, they are done.
- Cool: Allow to cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.
- Dip the donut: Dip the entire donut into melted butter and then into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Tap off excess and add to the wire rack.
Enjoy with your favorite warm fall drink!
I have been into chai tea lattes lately. I love them! I found one of the best ways to make them at home – Oregon Chai Tea Latte Concentrate.
You just mix half of the concentrate with milk, heat up, and enjoy! YUMMY! It’s PERFECT with these Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts! AND I added the concentrate into my donut recipe that takes them to a whole different level – in a good way!
I really love having my daily Chai and Pumpkin Donuts as an escape from the everyday chaos. It’s a little indulgent treat that is worth every single sip and bite!
Pumpkin Spice Donuts FAQS
Make certain that you’re reading the label of the canned pumpkin to be sure! Some cans that are labeled as pumpkin are actually cans of squash!
A nice maple glaze would be great as well as powdered sugar. You can even leave them plain if you’d like. I like the sweetness of the sugar and cinnamon so that is always my go-to topping!
Whip up a batch of these amazing Baked Pumpkin Spiced Donuts to enjoy at home and enjoy a little bliss during your day!
The fall is a great time to hit pause before the craziness of the holiday season hits. Maybe that’s why I love the perfect, rich, soothing mix of sweet and spicy bliss!
Like this simple pumpkin recipe? For more great pumpkin desserts, be sure to check out these favorites:
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin Roll
- Pumpkin Gooey Butter Cake
- Pumpkin Cupcakes With Pumpkin Spice Cream Cheese Frosting
- Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Pumpkin Pie From Scratch
Whip up a batch of these amazing Baked Pumpkin Spiced Donuts to enjoy at home with your very own homemade Oregon Chai Latte and enjoy a little bliss during your day!
Baked Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 stick butter – butter
- 1/4 cup chai tea concentrate
- 1/4 cup milk
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter melted
- First, mix your dry ingredients together in a large bowl: flour, brown sugar, pumpkin spice, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Next, mix your wet ingredients into the dry ingredients: pumpkin, eggs, chai tea, and butter.
- Mix with a hand-held mixer until just incorporated. Do not overmix. The batter will be thick.
- Add the mixture to a large piping bag. Clip off the end of the bag where you have a larger opening for the thick batter to come out. (Alternately, you could just spoon the mixture into your donut pan instead of piping) A Ziploc bag works well if you don’t have a piping bag.
- Pipe the donut batter into a greased donut pan, If you don’t have a donut pan, you can just make little circles onto a greased cookie sheet. That will work, too!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a 325-degree oven – when the dough springs back when touched, they are done.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes. and then dip entire donut into melted butter and then into cinnamon and sugar mixture. Tap off excess and add to the wire rack.
PIN THIS RECIPE FOR LATER: