Crispy, savory Garlic Parmesan Wings are full of cheesy goodness! They make a delicious appetizer or you can add some sides and serve them for dinner.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
There are so many ways to make chicken wings beyond the ever-popular Buffalo chicken wings, and these garlic Parmesan wings are the perfect variation for anyone who’s not a fan of fiery Buffalo sauce. A buttery, garlicky sauce drapes wings that have been cooked in a spice rub until just slightly crisp. The addition of lots of Parmesan delivers a huge flavor punch in a small package. You will not be able to eat just one!
If there’s anything better than crisp, buttery chicken wings coated in a nutty Parmesan cheese sauce I don’t know what it is! These garlic Parmesan wings are one of my favorite ways to prepare wings, and I know you’re going to love them! Loaded with succulent flavor and texture, these will disappear fast when you serve them on game day (and other days, too).
Savory Garlic Parmesan Wings Recipe
These wings are perfect to bring to a potluck or when you’ve been invited to watch the big game at a friend’s house. But I also will make them for dinner to mix things up. Just add mashed potatoes, a vegetable or salad, or rice to make a well-rounded meal.
This garlic parmesan wings recipe can be easily doubled or tripled to feed a crowd, and you can freeze leftovers. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Wings
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Chicken wings – Two pounds of chicken wings.
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder – For lots of savory flavor.
- Smoked paprika – To give a bit of smokiness and color.
- Olive oil
- Butter – I use unsalted butter, but you can use salted butter.
- Garlic – Add more garlic if you like a lot of garlic flavor.
- Parmesan cheese
- Chives – I use fresh herbs in this recipe.
For more spice, add red pepper flakes, cayenne, and/or more fresh garlic.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Wings
- Prepare: Preheat your oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the top; set aside.
- Season: In a small bowl, toss together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel, then season all over with the spice mixture.
- Drizzle with oil: Spread the wings out evenly on the wire rack, making sure they’re not crowded so air can circulate in between them. Drizzle the olive oil over the top.
- Bake the wings: Bake the wings for 45 to 50 minutes, until they are cooked through and start to turn a bit crispy.
- Make the sauce: When the wings are almost cooked, heat the butter over medium heat until just melted. Remove from the heat, then stir in the minced garlic, chives, and ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour the sauce mixture into a large bowl. Once the wings are done, add to the bowl and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately, garnishing the top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
You can easily double or triple this recipe if you want to make a lot of wings.
How to Store Garlic Parmesan Wings
Store leftover garlic Parmesan wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can also store leftover wings in an airtight, freezer-safe container in the freezer for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge before reheating. To reheat, place the chicken on a baking sheet and heat in the oven at 400℉ for 10-15 minutes, until hot.
You can serve garlic Parmesan wings as an appetizer or round them out to make a main meal! Here are some suggestions for what to serve with these cheesy wings:
- Potatoes – Potatoes and chicken are a natural pairing. Try my Classic Mashed Potatoes, Loaded Mashed Potatoes, or Crispy Smashed Potatoes alongside garlic Parmesan wings.
- Salad – Go lighter and add a salad. My raw Broccoli Salad, classic Potato Salad, juicy Fresh Corn Salad, or super fresh Summer Salad would be delicious with wings.
- Macaroni salad – I love a simple macaroni salad for a cold and creamy counterpoint to garlic parmesan wings!
- Rice – Rice will nicely round out a plate of wings. Try my Cheesy Broccoli Rice Casserole or Instant Pot Rice for a satisfying side.
The sauce for these garlic Parmesan wings consists of butter, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and chives.
Yes! Garlic Parmesan wings are a perfect blend of salty and savory, with loads of flavor from the nutty Parmesan cheese.
If you’re serving wings as an appetizer, the number of wings is 3-5 per person (about 1 pound per person). If you’re planning on wings as a main dish, do 6-10 wings per person.
Garlic Parmesan Wings
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat an oven to 400℉. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a wire rack over the top, set aside.
- In a small bowl, toss together the salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel, then season all over with the spice mixture.2 teaspoons kosher salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, 2 pounds chicken wings
- Spread the wings out evenly on the wire rack, making sure they are not crowded so air can circulate in between them. Drizzle the olive oil over the top.2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bake the wings for 45 to 50 minutes until they are cooked through and start to turn a bit crispy.
- When the wings are almost cooked, heat the butter over medium heat until just melted. Remove from the heat, then stir in the minced garlic, chives and ¼ cup of the Parmesan cheese. Pour the sauce mixture into a large bowl. Once the wings are done, add to the bowl and toss with the sauce. Serve immediately, garnishing the top with the remaining Parmesan cheese.6 tablespoons unsalted butter, 4 cloves garlic, finely minced, 3 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped, ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese