Crockpot buffalo wings are juicy, spicy, and incredibly simple to make. These wings have more flavor than any restaurant wings and you can put them together in just 10 minutes!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
Making crockpot buffalo wings has become my new obsession. I can’t believe how easy they are to make and how incredible the wings come out. I honestly may never order wings from a restaurant ever again. If you’ve enjoyed my Instant Pot Hot Wings, Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip, or Buffalo Chicken Wrap, you’ll love these crockpot wings too!
My crockpot buffalo wings are seasoned with a blend of spices, then roasted in the slow cooker for three hours. Slow cooking the wings makes them juicy and moist. It also allows me to make all the sides and desserts since I have so much extra kitchen time. The slow cooker just sits in the corner doing all the hard work for me!
Easy Crockpot Buffalo Wings Recipe
I like buffalo wings that have a nice spicy kick to them. To get that extra heat, I sprinkle the buffalo wings with smoked paprika and chili powder. These two ingredients give the wings a nice heat, which is one of the reasons why they are so good.
Be sure to plan for your wings ahead of time. They take about three hours in the crockpot, so you want to get them into the crockpot about three hours before you want to eat. My crockpot has a “warm” setting, so once the wings are cooked, I turn the setting to warm and keep them nice and hot for up to another hour.
I serve the wings straight from the crockpot—no extra dishes needed! This is really the perfect party food and the crockpot makes for the best party serving vessel. Put out a big slow cooker full of wings next to some plates and dipping sauces and everyone will be happy!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Smoked paprika – I like to use smoked paprika, which has a deep, earthy taste. Regular paprika will work as well, but smoked paprika really gives the wings and extra boost of flavor that will make people wonder about your secret ingredient.
- Chili powder – A little chili powder adds another level of heat to the wings that complements the spicy buffalo sauce.
- Chicken wings – Fresh chicken wings work best, but frozen can be used as well. When using frozen wings, let them thaw completely before seasoning and tossing them into the slow cooker.
- Buffalo wing sauce – Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Sauce is my favorite, but any wing sauce that you love will work as well! Everyone has their favorite brand.
- Use garlic powder in place of onion powder for garlic buffalo wings.
- Replace the buffalo wing sauce with BBQ sauce to make crockpot barbecue wings.
- Add ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the seasoning mix to make spicier wings.
How to Make Crockpot Buffalo Wings
- Mix the seasonings: Stir the salt, pepper, sugar, onion powder, paprika, and chili powder together in a small bowl.
- Dry the wings: Add all of the wings to a crockpot and pat them dry with a paper towel. You want to absorb as much moisture as possible to help the seasoning stick to the wings and also to help the wings get a little crispy as they cook.
- Season the wings: Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the wings, tossing the wings as you season to ensure they are all coated in the spices.
- Cook: Cover the crockpot and cook the chicken wings on high heat for three hours.
- Add the sauce: Pour the buffalo wing sauce right into the crockpot and toss the wings in the sauce. Serve the wings right away!
Spread the cooked wings on a sheet tray and place the tray under a broiler. Broil for 3-4 minutes to crisp the edges. This will make nice, crunchy wings.
How To Store Crockpot Buffalo Wings
My guess is that you will eat all of these wings the day they are made. However, if you don’t, store them in an airtight container for up to four days. To reheat the wings, just pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute. You can also reheat them in the toaster oven at 350º for about 5 minutes. This gets them nice and crisp!
I like Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing sauce. However, Frank’s Red Hot Wing Sauce and Texas Pete Wing Sauce are also super good.
You can make these crockpot buffalo wings crispy by broiling them quickly after they are done cooking. Take the wings out of the slow cooker and spread them of a baking tray. Broil the wings for 3-4 minutes to make the edges golden brown and crispy. Then, toss them in the buffalo wing sauce and enjoy!
Cooking wings in a slow cooker is a great way to get juicy, moist wings. It is also an easy way to cook wings and requires very little time in the kitchen.
Crockpot Buffalo Wings
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 pound chicken wings
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, sugar, onion powder, paprika and chili powder.
- Place the wings in the bowl of the crockpot and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Sprinkle the spice mix over the wings in the crockpot. Toss the wings gently to coat them evenly in the spices.
- Cover the crockpot and cook the wings for 3 hours on high heat.
- Pour the wing sauce into the crockpot with the wings and toss the wings in the sauce to coat.
- Serve the wings right from the crockpot or move them to a nice platter to enjoy right away!
- Any brand of buffalo sauce will work perfectly. Use your favorite!
- Make the wings a little spicier by adding 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the spice mix.
- Frozen wings work as well, just make sure they are thawed and dried before placing them in the crockpot.