This corn salad is the perfect summer side dish! Fresh corn is tossed with cherry tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, onions, avocado, tangy feta, and fresh herbs, all in a sweet-and-tangy red wine vinaigrette. A fresh healthy salad for hot summer days!
I love finding new ways to enjoy corn every summer, and this corn salad is one of my favorites, along with my Corn, Avocado & Cilantro Salad. It’s light and refreshing, but still filling thanks to the addition of avocado and feta. Plus, it comes together in just a few minutes, which is always a bonus in my book!
Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
Another thing I love about this corn salad? It’s the kind of dish you can serve for just about any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a backyard barbecue, need a crowd-pleasing side to bring to a summer potluck, or simply looking for a light lunch, this corn salad is always a hit. And the leftovers are just as good, if not better, the next day!
If you’ve never made corn salad before, don’t worry—it’s super easy. Once you cook the corn and whip up the dressing, it’s just a matter of tossing all of the ingredients together.
I should also mention that this recipe is great for customizing! Don’t like feta? Leave it out. Want to add some black beans for extra protein? Go for it! Have an abundance of fresh cilantro from your garden? Use that instead of the basil and parsley. The possibilities are endless.
(For another summery salad idea, try my Cucumber Tomato Salad!)
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
For the Salad:
- Fresh corn
- Cherry tomatoes – Grape tomatoes or diced tomatoes can be used instead. Heirloom tomatoes are especially pretty!
- Seedless cucumber – An English cucumber works well here; if you use a garden cucumber, scoop out the seeds first.
- Red onion – Green onion can be substituted, if you prefer.
- Feta cheese – Not a fan of feta? You can leave it out or add shredded Parmesan or cotija cheese instead.
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh basil
For the Corn Salad Dressing:
- Olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Dijon mustard
- Salt & black pepper
How to Make Corn Salad
1. Make the Dressing
Add all of the dressing ingredients to a medium bowl and whisk to combine, until the vinaigrette is emulsified.
2. Cook the Corn
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil and prepare an ice bath. Add the corn to the boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer the ears of corn to the ice bath to cool. (Alternatively, you can cook the corn in an Instant Pot or on the grill.)
3. Remove the Corn Kernels
Use a sharp knife or corn zipper tool to cut the kernels from the ears of corn. Place the corn in a large bowl.
Place all of the salad ingredients in the bowl with the corn and stir them together. Pour in the dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste, then serve.
What Goes With Corn Salad?
Serve your corn salad with:
- Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Macaroni Salad, Pea Salad, and other side salads for a party
- All-American Burger
- Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
How to Store Corn Salad
This corn salad is best served fresh, but it will keep in the fridge for a day or two in an airtight container. Give it a quick stir before serving to redistribute the dressing and freshen things up. I don’t recommend freezing this salad.
This corn salad is made with fresh corn, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, onion, avocado, feta cheese, and fresh herbs, along with a sweet-and-tangy red wine vinaigrette. That said, there are lots of different corn salad recipes out there, from Tex-Mex style recipes with lime juice and jalapeño, to ones with creamy mayo-based dressings. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find your favorite combination of ingredients and flavors!
Yes, you can use frozen corn in this corn salad recipe. However, fresh corn is always best! If you’re using frozen corn, thaw it before adding it to the salad. Another option is to use canned corn, but again, it just doesn’t compare to corn fresh off the cob.
No, you can actually eat sweet corn raw, and it’s delicious! So, if you want, you can skip the cooking and add the corn to this salad raw.
If you want to make this corn salad ahead of time for a party or meal prep, I recommend adding everything except the avocado. While the acid in the vinaigrette will slow down the browning, it’s no guarantee, so to avoid the possibility of unappetizing brown avocados, it’s best to cut it and add it to the salad just before you’re ready to serve.
More Simple Side Salads
- 4 ears fresh corn shucked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 cup seedless cucumber diced
- ½ cup red onion diced
- ⅔ cup feta cheese crumbled
- 1 avocado seeded, peeled, and diced
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 2 tbsp basil chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt & black pepper to taste
- For the dressing, add all the ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk to combine, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- For the salad, bring a large pot of salted water to boil and prepare an ice bath.
- Once boiling, add the corn and cook for 3 minutes. Remove them to the ice bath to stop cooking.
- Cut the kernels from the cob and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the salad ingredients and mix to combine. Add the dressing and stir. Adjust seasoning if needed.