After I had Sydney, I was blessed with a meal every other day for two weeks from my Moms Group at Church. It helped us out tremendously! I didn’t have to worry about cooking or going to the store and we were able to try new things and get new ideas for our own meal plan.
One of the items someone brought over was this Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips. MmmmmMmmmMmmmm! I loved it! I’m not a huge fruit fan but I couldn’t get enough of this! It was a mixture of sweet and tart and the chips complimented it perfectly. I’m going to share the recipe with you so that you can enjoy it in your home! It’s simple to put together and is perfect to take to a party or to a new mom.
Fruit Salsa with Baked Cinnamon Chips
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1 pint strawberries diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 kiwi peeled and diced
- 1 small orange
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam
- Baked Cinnamon Chips
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbs cinnamon
- cooking spray or melted butter
- Peel and core apples. Coarsely chop apple slices.
- Dice strawberries and kiwi.
- Place fruit in a bowl.
- Zest 1 tbs of the orange and add it to bowl.
- Add 2 tbs of orange juice
- Add brown sugar and jelly to fruit mixture; mix gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cinnamon Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl
- Coat tortillas with cooking spray or butter on each side
- Sprinkle desired amount of cinnamon/sugar mixture on each side
- Cut tortillas into triangles
- Place on baking sheet in preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned
- Cool completely before removing from baking sheet
- Spoon Fruit Salsa into serving bowl and serve with Baked Cinnamon Chips.
*Salsa recipe adapted from Pampered Chef and All Recipes0