This Easy White Chicken Chili is the perfect slow cooker weeknight meal! Creamy with plenty of toppings, this soup recipe is the perfect way to end the day!
One of my favorite soups of all time is this Creamy White Chicken Chili Recipe that is super easy to make and packed full of flavor.
This easy recipe is one of the best slow cooker recipes, ever. Top with a bit of hot sauce for a spicy kick!
The Best White Chicken Chili Recipe
With cooler weather finally making its way here, our menu calls for soup – lots and lots of soup! I don’t know about you, but I love a big pot of soup simmering all day on the stove or even better yet – the slow cooker!
The version that I’m going to share today is made in the slow cooker, but could easily be made on the stovetop when you’re short on time and decide on a big bowl of spicy, White Bean Chicken Chili Soup will hit the spot. This is ultimate comfort food.
Creamy White Chicken Chili for an Easy Meal
I am a huge Chili Soup fan but this Easy White Chicken Chili is like a whole new level of awesomeness. The spicy flavors in the soup mixed with the cool, creamy toppings of sour cream, cheese, and cilantro really make this crockpot soup recipe stand out!
How do you make white bean chicken chili?
Ingredients for White Chicken Chili:
- Boneless skinless chicken breast – I always use boneless chicken breast any time I can.
- Great Northern beans – Drain out the liquid and rinse the beans.
- Cannellini beans – Drain out the liquid and rinse the beans.
- Chicken broth – You can also use chicken stock, too.
- Chopped green chiles – This gives an added kick!
- Black pepper
- Ground cumin
- Sour cream
- toppings optional but strongly recommended: cheddar cheese, cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips, more sour cream (trust me on this!)
See the recipe card for quantities.
Instructions for Making White Chicken Chili in the Crockpot
Step 1: Add to slow cooker
Add chicken breast to crock pot and top with salt, cumin, pepper, and green chiles.
Step 2: Cover and stir
Cover with chicken broth – stir well.
Step 3: Cook
Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
Step 4: Shred the meat
About 30 minutes before the end of cooking, shred the chicken well. I like to leave some bigger pieces, as well.
Step 5: Add beans
Next, add your beans and return the lid for the remainder of the cooking time.
Step 6: Add sour cream
Turn off the slow cooker and remove the lid; stir in sour cream until incorporated well.
Step 7: Top with your favorite toppings
Add to bowls and let everyone add their favorite toppings!
Even though this simple chili with a chicken recipe is simple, you can switch a few things up to make it even more unique.
- Go beanless – If you’re not a fan of beans, leave them out!
- Add in some veggies: You can easily add in corn or even some onions to this slow cooker white chicken chili!
- Mix in some hot sauce – If you like to add some heat to your slow cooker chili, hot sauce can be a quick and simple way to make it happen.
- Get creative with the leftovers! Use them to make Chili Cornbread Casserole
What spices can you add to this recipe for white chicken chili?
Traditionally, White Chicken Chili has Mexican spices added in. So you could go simple like me and add in salt, pepper, and cumin. OR you could use a taco seasoning packet right in. Remember that a hint of spice goes a long way. Different chili recipes call for different options but I love adding in a bit of chili powder or even some cayenne pepper, too.
Don’t forget to top with some fresh cilantro or a bit of lime juice as well! You can really make this easy white chicken chili recipe taste different in an easy way.
What toppings work best on this crockpot chicken chili?
Once you add the right amount of spice, don’t skimp on the toppings. This white bean chicken chili recipe has great flavor but I really do love adding toppings to this popular recipe.
Green chilies and crunchy tortilla chips are always a great idea as are some salsa verde and diced green onion, too.
The best part about white chili recipes is that they have so much flavor that you really can’t go wrong with adding in any of your favorite pantry staples.
Here are a few of my favorite items to make this amazing soup recipe!
Cuisinart Programmable Slow Cooker | This slow cooker never disappoints! I love the locking lid – especially when I have to take it somewhere in the car. No fears of it tipping over and pouring into the floor of your car!
Chicken Shredder | Having tools to shred your chicken may seem like a luxury, but it’s actually really helpful for all kinds of meals!
Soup Bowls | These soup bowls are the perfect size for all of your soup needs. Super cute, too!
For a quick and easy weeknight meal, try this Creamy White Chicken Chili with Beans. It will quickly become a family favorite!!
For tips on using your slow cooker, try this post for the best tips and tricks!
For more Chicken Recipes, try these next!
Easy White Chicken Chili
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 15.5 ounce cans great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 15.5 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 30 oz carton or can chicken broth
- 3 4 ounce cans chopped green chiles
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups sour cream
- toppings optional but strongly recommended: cheddar cheese cilantro, avocado, tortilla chips, more sour cream (trust me on this!)
- -Add chicken breast to crock pot and top with salt, cumin, pepper, and green chiles.
- -Cover with chicken broth - stir well.
- -Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- -About 30 minutes before the end of cooking, shred the chicken well. I like to leave some bigger pieces, as well.
- -Next, add your beans and return lid for the remainder of the cooking time.
- -Turn off the slow cooker and remove lid; stir in sour cream until incorporated well.
- -Add to bowls and let everyone add their favorite toppings!
Pin this recipe for later!