There’s nothing like a delicious sandwich filled with flavor on crusty bread. I love a good Italian Beef Sandwich – and a lot of you obviously do, too, since my recipe is pinned again and again. It’s a simple sandwich made in a slow cooker and it doesn’t cost a lot if the roast is on sale that week.
One week I was craving Italian Beef but didn’t have a roast and it wasn’t on sale at store – but I DID have chicken breasts. Hmmm….I wondered if I used chicken breasts if it would be as good. I stuck those babies in the slow cooker on low for the day and dished it up at dinner time – A HIT! I might even venture to say that I liked it a tad better than made with beef!
It doesn’t get any easier or more affordable than this Italian Chicken Sandwich. Chicken, italian seasoning and banana peppers slow cooked all day and then sandwiched between toasted, crusty bread with provolone cheese and a little bit of ranch dressing make this sandwich a family favorite!
Italian Chicken Sandwich
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1 package of dry italian dressing seasoning
- Half a jar of banana peppers and a little of the juice from the jar
- crusty bread
- provolone cheese
- ranch dressing
- Place chicken breasts, italian seasoning and banana peppers with juice in slow cooker on low for 5 hours
- At the end of 5 hours - shred with a fork and turn on warm until ready to serve
- Toast the inside of your cut bread in the oven and place cheese on the halves until melted
- Place italian chicken on the buns and top with a little ranch dressing (that's the secret ingredient!)