Easy Chicken tetrazzini is a winning weeknight dinner! It pairs spaghetti with a rich, creamy sauce, chicken, and plenty of cheese!
If you need some comfort food goodness in your life, you can’t go wrong with this easy chicken tetrazzini recipe. It checks all those cozy comfort food boxes: pasta, creamy soup, sour cream, and cheese (3 different kinds!). And, of course, to make it a meal, we add in chicken and peas—you have to have your protein and veggies, too! This easy Chicken tetrazzini is one of my family’s favorite chicken dinners, right up there with Chicken and Dumpling Casserole and Chicken Divan, and I know it will be one of yours too!
Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe
Although you can make chicken specifically for this recipe, I usually make a double-batch of chicken breasts (either Easy Baked Chicken Breasts or Air Fryer Chicken Breasts) and then we have half of them for dinner the first night, and then the second night, I use the leftovers to make chicken tetrazzini. Another option is to buy a rotisserie chicken, which makes things even easier!
You can assemble this in advance and then pop it in the oven when it’s dinnertime. Chicken tetrazzini is also a great option to bring to a potluck! It’s the kind of recipe that everyone loves, and when served with a bunch of other casseroles and sides, it can definitely feed a crowd!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Spaghetti – Cook the spaghetti to al dente, according to the instructions on the package.
- Chicken breast
- Cream of mushroom soup
- Cream of chicken soup
- Sour cream
- Frozen peas
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley – Optional, for garnishing.
- Turkey tetrazzini – Swap the chicken for turkey. Easy! Or try Ham Tetrazzini!
- Mushroom tetrazzini – Cooking for vegetarian family or friends? You can use sautéed mushrooms instead of chicken.
- Smoky chicken tetrazzini – Use smoked gouda instead of mozzarella.
How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and spray a large baking dish with cooking spray.
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the soups, milk, peas, salt, pepper, and chicken. Then, stir in the spaghetti and transfer it to the prepared baking dish. Top with the cheeses and cover with foil.
Bake the chicken tetrazzini for 30 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Hint: If you like, you can take the foil off at the end of cooking time and broil the casserole for a few minutes, until the top is lightly browned.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Chicken Tetrazzini
You can cover the baking dish or transfer the leftovers to an airtight storage container and refrigerate for 3 to 4 days. Reheat leftovers in a 350ºF oven or in the microwave until warmed through. You can also freeze leftover chicken tetrazzini for up to 2 months.
What should I serve with chicken tetrazzini?
I recommend serving chicken tetrazzini with a simple side salad or Homemade Garlic Bread.
What can I use instead of peas in chicken tetrazzini?
If you’re not a fan of peas, don’t worry! You can substitute asparagus, mushrooms, or broccoli, or just omit the peas without replacing them.
What is chicken tetrazzini made of?
There are so many different recipes for chicken tetrazzini, but mine is made with condensed soup, sour cream, chicken, spaghetti, peas, and cheese as the main ingredients.
More Easy Chicken Dinners
- The Easiest Baked Cheesy Chicken with Mushrooms
- Homemade Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
Easy Chicken Tetrazzini
- 12 oz spaghetti cooked
- 2 lbs chicken breast chopped or shredded
- 10 1/2 oz cream of mushroom soup 1 can
- 10 1/2 oz cream of chicken soup 1 can
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and spray baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine soups, milk, peas, milk, salt, pepper and chicken. Stir.
- Add cooked spaghetti noodles and stir until combined well.
- Add to 13×9 inch pan and top with cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.