This creamy corn dip is loaded with big Tex-Mex flavors, sweet corn, and lots of cheese. It’s a crowd-pleasing snack for game day, backyard barbecues, and more!
If you like your dips creamy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor, then this corn dip recipe is for you! Made with just a few simple ingredients and spices you likely have on hand in your pantry already, it’s a cinch to throw together. And, it can be made ahead of time which is always a bonus. Serve it with tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies for dipping and watch it disappear!
Easy Corn Dip Recipe
Just like my Rotel Dip and Crack Dip, I love making this Mexican corn dip recipe for all kinds of parties, from game day to potlucks and backyard cookouts. It’s always a hit, and it’s also super easy to make—it doesn’t get much better than that, right?
If you’re putting together a spread of appetizers for a party, I suggest pairing this with a Taco Ring, Pizza Sliders, Cocktail Meatballs, or Million Dollar Dip. All of these snacks are satisfying and full of bold flavors, so you probably won’t have any leftovers!
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Canned MexiCorn
- Canned green chiles – These come in mild or spicy. Use whichever one you prefer!
- Green onions
- Sour cream – Full-fat sour cream will give you the creamiest dip.
- Mayonnaise – Use your favorite brand of mayo!
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese – A Mexican cheese blend or pepper jack can be used instead.
- Salt & black pepper – You can also add a pinch of cayenne for a kick!
How to Make Corn Dip
1. Mix the Ingredients
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine.
2. Season to Taste
Taste the corn dip and add more seasonings if needed.
Refrigerate the dip until you’re ready to serve it.
How to Store Corn Dip
This corn dip can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge until you’re ready to serve. You might even want to make it a day in advance so the flavors have a chance to meld. If you’re storing leftovers, place them in an airtight storage container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
When you’re ready to enjoy, give the dip a good stir and serve it with chips, veggies, and crackers.
How to Eat Corn Dip
Here are some of my favorite things for serving with this creamy, cheesy corn dip:
- Fritos or corn chips (Fritos Scoops are especially good here!)
- Tortilla chips (make sure you buy thick chips that can handle this dip!)
- Ruffle-cut or kettle potato chips
- Baby bell peppers
- Pita chips
Corn dip is usually made with a combination of mayo, sour cream, canned corn, and spices. Everyone has their own version of the recipe, so the exact ingredients and proportions can vary! Some corn dip recipes are made with cream cheese, too.
I wouldn’t recommend freezing corn dip because mayo doesn’t freeze very well; it has a tendency to separate, which will change the consistency of the dip.
Yes, this corn dip can be made ahead of time if you want to get a head start for a party. In fact, if you make it the day before your get-together, it will taste even better because the flavors will have some time to mingle in the fridge!
If you can’t find MexiCorn, you can substitute regular canned corn kernels that has been drained, or thawed frozen corn. You may also want to add a little bit of diced green and red peppers to give it some extra flavor, color, and texture.
Yes, you will want to drain the corn well before adding it to the dip. If you don’t drain it, your corn dip will be watery and bland!
More Crowd-Pleasing Party Snacks
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Cheese Ball Recipe
- Instant Pot Hot Wings
- Sausage Cream Cheese Crescent Rolls
- 3 11oz cans MexiCorn drained
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- ½ cup green onion chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & black pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning as needed.