Whether you call them cocktail meatballs or grape jelly meatballs, there’s one word for this recipe: delicious! They’re perfect for a party, with a sweet-and-spicy sauce that’s totally irresistible.
Yes, this is that recipe! You’ve probably had cocktail meatballs before, and I bet you couldn’t eat just one. Even though these meatballs are packed with flavor, they couldn’t be easier to make. You only need three ingredients and the whole thing is made in the slow cooker, so it’s completely hands-off! If you’re looking for an easy party appetizer, this is the one to make!
Easy Slow Cooker Cocktail Meatballs
Cocktail meatballs are sweet, savory, and spicy—but not too spicy, so don’t worry about that. When I make them for a party, I keep them right in the crockpot and set out a little jar of toothpicks next to them. Like I said, it doesn’t get much easier than cocktail meatballs!
This recipe is also known as grape jelly meatballs because they’re made with—wait for it!—grape jelly. If you’ve had this recipe before, you know how good it tastes, but if you haven’t, you’ll just have to trust me that somehow the combination of ingredients works. It’s a little bit like a sweet and sour sauce!
- Grape jelly – You don’t need anything fancy! Just a basic grape jelly is good.
- Heinz chili sauce – Don’t try to substitute a hot sauce or something similar. You really need Heinz chili sauce!
- Frozen meatballs – Any kind of meatballs you like will work. You can even make this recipe vegetarian with meatless meatballs. (Aldi has great ones!)
How to Make Cocktail Meatballs
Combine the grape jelly and chili sauce in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Fold in the meatballs and stir to coat.
Pour the meatball mixture into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
How to Store Leftovers
Transfer any leftovers to an airtight storage container and refrigerate for 2 to 3 days. You can make a meal out of the leftovers by serving them over rice!
What goes with cocktail meatballs?
How do you reheat cocktail meatballs?
You can reheat cocktail meatballs in a skillet on the stove or warm them up in the microwave.
Can you make cocktail meatballs ahead?
Since this recipe is so simple, you won’t really save much time by making it ahead. Just assemble and start it 3 hours before your party and you’ll be good to go!
More Classic Party Recipes
- 16 ounces grape jelly
- 16 ounces chili sauce I like Heinz
- 32 ounces meatballs frozen
- Mix grape jelly and chili sauce in mixing bowl until well combined, then stir in frozen meatballs until well coated.
- Add to slow cooker and cook on low for 3-4 hours.