This creamy whipped feta dip will be the hit of your next party! Perfect for pairing with crispy fresh veggies and pita chips, it’s loaded with big, bold flavors.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
This is the time of year when parties and get-togethers come at you fast and furious. Anyone else see their social calendar fill up as soon as Thanksgiving is over? And then after Christmas and the New Year, there are all those game-day gatherings too. This means you need some go-to dip recipes, from Rotel dip to our ever-popular million dollar dip, and this whipped feta dip.
Whipped feta dip is a delicious (and simple!) appetizer that can be served with pita chips, crackers, or a spread of your favorite fresh vegetables. It’s made with blended feta cheese, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and garlic, all combined together to make a creamy, tangy, irresistible dip.
It takes only minutes to make and it’s always a crowd favorite! With its bold flavors and creamy texture, it’s the perfect appetizer for any occasion.
Easy Whipped Feta Dip Recipe
To make whipped feta dip, start by combining feta cheese, plain Greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, and seasonings in a food processor. Blend everything together until it’s smooth, creamy, and whipped to perfection. If you like, you can also add your favorite herbs and spices for extra flavor!
Once blended, transfer the whipped feta dip to a bowl and add some extra garnishes for color and flavor. It’s that easy! There’s nothing to cook, no complicated technique, and it’s always a winner.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Feta cheese – Get a block of feta, not the pre-crumbled kind.
- Greek yogurt – Use plain Greek yogurt; you can use 0% for a lighter whipped feta dip or whole milk Greek yogurt for a richer texture.
- Garlic – A garlic press is perfect for mincing the garlic so no one gets a big chunk in their dip!
- Black pepper
For the garnish:
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- Fresh basil
- Red pepper flakes – You can skip these for a milder dip, or replace them with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Olive oil – Use a high-quality extra-virgin olive oil with a fruity aroma and flavor.
- Add chopped fresh herbs like parsley, oregano, dill, or chives.
- Swap out the feta cheese for goat cheese for a different flavor.
- Use roasted red peppers instead of sun-dried tomatoes.
- Instead of olive oil, drizzle honey over the top before serving.
- Sprinkle sumac onto the dip; this is the “red stuff” you’ll see on hummus at Mediterranean restaurants.
How to Make Whipped Feta Dip
- Process the dip ingredients. Crumble the feta cheese into your food processor or blender, along with the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper. Blend until the mixture is uniformly smooth, about 3 to 4 minutes, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Finish: Transfer the dip to a serving bowl, then top with the sun-dried tomatoes and basil, and sprinkle on the red pepper flakes. Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.
If a smoother consistency is desired, press the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, pushing any leftover crumbles of feta through.
How to Store Leftover Whipped Feta Dip
If you’re not serving this feta dip immediately, store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just be sure to give it a good stir before serving.
Whipped feta dip is a delicious appetizer that pairs well with many different foods. Serve it with pita chips, fresh pita bread or naan, an assortment of crackers, olives, vegetables like carrots, celery, cucumbers, and radishes, or even spread it on crostini.
Whipped feta dip can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Be sure to keep it in an airtight container.
No, as it is a dairy-based dish, I do not recommend freezing whipped feta dip. For best results, enjoy it freshly made.
You can use this whipped feta dip as a spread instead of cream cheese. It’s great on bagels and toast!
Whipped Feta Dip
- 8 ounces block feta cheese brine drained and reserved for another use
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- juice of ½ lemon
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- Crumble the feta cheese and add to a food processor or blender. Add greek yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until a smooth, even texture, about 3-4 minutes. Scrape down the sides if necessary.
- If a smoother consistency is desired, pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, pushing any leftover crumbles of feta through.
- Remove the dip to a large serving bowl, then top with the sun dried tomatoes, basil and feta. Drizzle with the olive oil and serve.