Is there anything more tempting for dessert than cheesecake? Not really! And when you serve it with one of our easy and delicious cheesecake topping ideas you’re in for a real treat.
Quick Cheesecake Topping Ideas
These easy cheesecake topping ideas will make an already yummy dessert even better. Make a classic cheesecake or plain no-bake cheesecake, then try oh-so-good homemade caramel or chocolate sauce, strawberry jam, sweetened whipped cream, or a combination! Check out our recipes below to get inspiration on how to dress up your cheesecake with a bunch of deliciously different flavors and options.
1. Cherry Cheesecake
Our recipe for no-bake cherry cheesecake contains a genius and super simple topping idea: Just open a can of cherry pie filling and cover your cheesecake with sweet cherry goodness.
2. Caramel Sauce
Cheesecake with a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce? Yes please! Check out our recipe for a gooey caramel sauce that’s sure to take your cheesecake over the top.
3. Strawberry Raspberry Jam
Want a pretty cheesecake topping that’s also a cinch to put together? Look no further than our crockpot strawberry raspberry jam, which will bring a burst of summer flavor in every bite.
4. Chocolate Syrup
Homemade, all natural chocolate syrup is a perfect topping for cheesecake. It’s so easy to make and keeps well in the fridge, so you can use it again and again.
5. Strawberry Rhubarb Jam
Crack open a jar of the strawberry rhubarb jam you made last summer and put it on your cheesecake right away! Our recipe is hard to resist, bringing loads of fruit flavor you’ll want to share.
6. Chocolate Chip Cookie Truffles
These adorable no-bake chocolate chip cookie truffles will look super cute hanging out on top of your favorite cheesecake. Plus, they bring just a little bit extra to your classic cheesecake.
7. Bananas Foster
Our Bananas Foster recipe caramelizes bananas in butter, dark brown sugar, and rum and are an amazing cheesecake topping idea. Don’t forget the crunchy toasted pecans to scatter on top.
8. No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
Our no-bake oreo cheesecake recipe is a total winner. Oreos are in the cheesecake batter as well as crumbled on top! Read on for all the details on how to put this one together.
9. No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
Cool Whip plus mini chocolate chips is a great cheesecake topping, and it literally will take less than a minute to set it up.
10. Whipped Cream
This topping for cheesecake couldn’t be easier! Make whipped cream from scratch and generously top your cheesecake with fluffy piles of deliciousness. Add fresh fruit like blueberries, sliced strawberries, or raspberries too.
More Easy Cheesecake Topping Ideas
Want some even easier cheesecake topping ideas? Here’s a few more that take practically no effort at all!
- Peanut butter lovers’ cheesecake. Roughly chop Reese’s pieces and peanut butter cups; scatter them on top of the cheesecake and gently press them in. Drizzle the top with warm peanut butter. (Warming it up makes it easy to drizzle with a spoon!)
- Caramel apple cheesecake. Spoon canned apple pie filling (or homemade apple pie filling if you’re feeling ambitious!) over the cheesecake, then drizzle caramel sauce over the top.
- Peppermint bark cheesecake. Make the perfect holiday cheesecake by roughly chopping your favorite peppermint bark and gently pressing it into the top of the cheesecake.
- Sweet-and-tangy lemon cheesecake. Spread a layer of lemon curd over the top of the cheesecake.
- Berry overload cheesecake. Cover the cheesecake with sliced strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Curls of white chocolate look pretty too!
- Snickers cheesecake. Chop Snickers bars and press them into the top of the cheesecake. A drizzle of caramel sauce is the perfect finishing touch.
Our Favorite Cheesecake Recipes
Banana Pudding Cheesecake
Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars