Whether you serve it as a snack or dessert, this easy Cheesecake Dip is destined to be a hit! It has all the sweet-and-tangy flavor of cheesecake in the form of an irresistible dip.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
We love a good dessert dip in my house, whether it’s colorful Funfetti Dip, fluffy Marshmallow Fruit Dip, or rich Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip. But if you’re a fan of cheesecake, then this Cheesecake Dip is going to be your new favorite treat!
It’s a creamy, sweet, and tangy dip that can be served with graham crackers, fruit, or anything else you want to dip. It’s easy to make and it requires just a few ingredients, so it’s perfect for the holidays when you’ve already got a lot on your plate.
The result is a thick dip that will leave your guests wanting more!
Creamy Cheesecake Dip Recipe
The combination of cream cheese and sour cream creates a smooth, creamy texture that’s perfect for dipping. The sour cream adds just the right amount of tanginess to balance out the sweetness, while a bit of lemon zest brightens things up.
Cheesecake Dip is great for any occasion, especially holiday parties. Serve it as an appetizer or dessert at your next gathering, potluck, or game day. It’s also an easy snack option for kids and adults alike. You can even make it ahead of time and store in the fridge for a few days until you’re ready to use it.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Cream cheese – Use the full-fat cream cheese that comes in blocks, not tubs.
- Granulated sugar
- Sour cream – Full-fat sour cream will give you the richest, creamiest Cheesecake Dip, but you can use a lower fat version if you’d like.
- Vanilla extract
- Lemon zest – Orange zest works too, or use both for extra citrus flavor.
- Kosher salt
- Add canned cherry pie filling to the top for a two-layer Cherry Cheesecake Dip.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over the top of the dip before serving.
- Fold mini chocolate chips into the dip for a Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Dip.
- Drizzle caramel sauce over the top, then sprinkle with toasted or candied pecans.
How to Make Cheesecake Dip
- Fluff the cream cheese: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until they’re light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Finish: Beat in the sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest, and salt, then continue to mix for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Chill: Transfer the Cheesecake Dip to a bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
No stand mixer? No problem! Use a hand mixer and large bowl instead. If you don’t have one of those either, you can mix this by hand, but you’ll want to make sure the cream cheese is very soft so your dip isn’t lumpy.
What to Dip in Cheesecake Dip
This dip is delicious with a variety of dippers. Try it with fresh strawberries, pretzel sticks, vanilla wafers, graham crackers, or shortbread cookies. String blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries on toothpicks for dippable mini fruit kabobs. We also love using this Cheesecake Dip as the centerpiece for our Christmas dessert charcuterie board!
How to Store Cheesecake Dip
Cheesecake Dip can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you’re ready to serve it, let it sit out at room temperature until it softens slightly.
There are a few different variations of cheesecake dip, but my recipe starts with a dairy base of cream cheese and sour cream, which gives the dip a rich, creamy texture and that signature cheesecake tang. To this, we add sugar and a few other ingredients for flavoring.
Cream cheese is a soft, mild-tasting cheese made from cow’s milk. It has a thick and creamy texture and is often used for baked goods and dips. Cream cheese is a cheese, it just happens to be a softer, spreadable variety, as opposed to firmer cheeses like cheddar or Swiss.
Philadelphia cream cheese is considered the best for cheesecake. However, any brand of full-fat cream cheese will work. Just make sure to soften it before using in your recipe.
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Serving Suggestions: fresh strawberries, pretzel sticks, graham crackers
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle, beat the cream cheese and sugar together until light and fluffy, about 3 to 4 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the sour cream, vanilla, lemon zest and salt, then continue to mix for another 3 to 4 minutes until completely smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and let chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.