You’re only 5 ingredients away from soft, chewy Cake Mix M&M Cookies! They’re easy to make, colorful, and absolutely delicious!
These Cake Mix M&M Cookies are a spin on that recipe, adding loads of chocolate chips and M&M candies for a cookie that’s full of color, fun, and, of course, plenty of chocolate!
Easy Cake Mix M&M Cookies Recipe
Now, Cake Mix M&M Cookies are a little bit different than the traditional M&M cookies you might buy at a bakery. Those usually have a chocolate chip cookie base, giving the cookies a similar flavor and texture to a typical chocolate chip cookie.
These Cake Mix M&M Cookies are made with a yellow cake mix base, so they have a bright yellow color and the taste and texture is a little different—they’re softer and the taste is, well, like a yellow cake! They are a real treat, and always a hit with kids!
Speaking of kids, Cake Mix M&M Cookies are so easy that you can let your kids make them from start to finish.
Because they’re made with cake mix, there’s no need to measure flour, sugar, and baking soda, and the whole recipe is made in one bowl, so cleanup is a breeze, too.
If you’re making these for the holidays, you can use red and green M&Ms for a festive touch!
(Looking for more easy cookie recipes? You’ll love my Almond Joy Cookies too!)
Ingredients for Cake Mix Cookies with M&M’s
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Yellow cake mix – Any brand you like will work.
- Eggs – Here’s how to crack an egg the easy way!
- Vegetable oil – Canola oil will work too.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- M&M candies
- Add sprinkles instead of the chocolate chips for even more color.
- Use chocolate cake mix instead of yellow.
- Swap the semi-sweet chocolate chips for white chocolate chips.
- Use Cake Mix M&M Cookies to make homemade ice cream sandwiches!
How to Make Cake Mix M&M Cookies
- Prepare: Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Make the batter: In a large mixing bowl, beat the yellow cake mix, eggs, and oil until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Add the chocolate: Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold in the chocolate chips and M&M candies.
- Form the cookies: Use a cookie scoop to form the dough into balls and place them on a cookie sheet. If you like, you can press a few more M&Ms into the tops of the cookies.
- Bake: Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the cookies are set and lightly browned on the bottom and edges.
- Cool: Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool completely before storing them.
Make sure that you fold in the M&M’s so that you don’t break them apart of have the dye coloring spread throughout the cookies.
How to Store Cake Mix M&M Cookies
You can store Cake Mix M&M Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days.
You can! I just use regular, milk chocolate M&Ms in this recipe. You can use mini M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, or any other flavor you like instead.
Yes, you can place your cookies in a freezer bag or airtight container and freeze them for up to 2 months. When you want to eat them, just let them thaw at room temperature.
Cake Mix M&M Cookies
- 15 oz box of yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup M&M candies
- Combine yellow cake mix, eggs, and oil to a mixing bowl.
- Beat to combine, then fold in chocolate chips and M&M’s.
- Using a cookie scoop – add to a cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle tops with additional M&M’s, if desired.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 – 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies immediately to a cooling rack.