This Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe filled with 5-simple ingredients – chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch and cheese. This Easy Buffalo Chicken Dip is the the ultimate easy appetizer to enjoy in the crockpot or oven – anytime!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
When we have family gatherings, everyone brings a dish to share. I usually bring Oreo Dessert, but this one particular year, I was asked to bring this easy recipe – Buffalo Chicken Dip – to our Christmas party.
I’m often asked “what is your favorite kind of dip to make in a crock-pot?” and this dip is always the 1st on my list!
What started out as a joke has become my #1 appetizer recipe on All Things Mamma year after year and especially during football season. Little did I know this Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Dip would become my signature dish for any gathering and especially a Super Bowl Party!
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
You can take it anywhere you go easily OR keep it warm right in your own kitchen. Perfect!
This has become my go-to dish whenever we have people over, are watching football on the weekend, have a party to go or just when we want a low-carb snack. I keep it warm in my slow cooker on the counter all day – if it lasts that long!
YES, this Buffalo Chicken Dip is considered Keto if you don’t eat it with crackers or tortilla chips. Just use celery sticks, carrots, or even red peppers! It’s sooo good!
Because this Buffalo Dip Recipe has the perfect amount of spice and coolness, with simple ingredients, it’s hard to stop! It’s just that good!
Ingredients for Buffalo Chicken Dip with Canned Chicken
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Canned Chicken – I know! It sounds crazy but it’s good! You can use the normal 9.75oz size can or the bonus size of 12.5oz. Either work! You could substitute with 2 whole chicken breasts – baked or rotisserie – shredded.
- Cheddar Cheese – I like the sharp shredded cheese kind!
- Cream Cheese – Can you EVER have enough cheese? Room temperature is best.
- Ranch Salad Dressing – Yep. I said RANCH. I think cools down the hot sauce in this. spicy appetizer dip. You could Blue Cheese Dressing if you’d like.
- Buffalo Chicken Sauce – I like Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce!
- Blue Cheese Crumbles – I don’t have this on my dip BUT it’s a hit for a lot of people. Try it out!
Note: This chicken wing dip uses canned chicken but you can also use leftover cooked shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip with Step-By-Step Instructions:
Crock Pot Instructions For Buffalo Chicken
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip can easily be made, too.
- Add ALL of the ingredients below into the slow cooker and turn on low for 3-4 hours.
- Once all of the ingredients are completely melted and heated through, give it a good stir.
- Next, switch the crockpot to the warm setting to keep this cheesy and spicy dip nice and creamy for your party!
Oven Instructions For Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip
It’s one of THE easiest recipes to make!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the recipe as directed in the recipe card below. Then pour into a medium baking dish and sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. It’s then ready to eat!
How to Store
- Keep leftover buffalo chicken dip covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat in the microwave – stiring every couple of minutes.
Top Tips For Success:
A great way to keep this warm is to use a crockpot on the counter or to take it with you on the go!
If you bake it in a dish, use a thermal carrier to keep your dish warm. I love mine and use it often!
Note: You can also bake for 20 minutes or until the mixture is heated through and it’s hot and bubbly.
Check out this post for all the best tips and tricks for Buffalo Chicken Dip! How To Make The Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Guide
The Best Chips for Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Fritos Scoops
- Tortilla Chips
- Club Crackers
- Ritz Crackers
- Baguette Slices
- and even Chicken Flavored Crackers go well with Buffalo Chicken Dip!
A Great Keto Dip!
Who would think that this delicious dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip, would be on the list of good diet foods – but it is! If you’re doing keto, this dip is spot on! Just make sure to use celery, carrot sticks, or peppers to dip with – not crackers.
A perfect Super Bowl Food!
With only 5 ingredients, this creamy crock pot dip is spicy, delicious, and addicting. It is always the first to go at ANY party – especially on game day.
Keep it in mind for your next gathering or for Super Bowl Party. Don’t forget the crackers and celery! You could get fancy and top with a few chopped up green onions, too. I am sure it will be a hit at your house as much as it is at mine!
A lot of people LOVE blue cheese with buffalo chicken but I use cheddar cheese in this recipe. I feel it give this hot dip recipe the right amount of sharpness without the blue cheese flavor that some people don’t care for. I haven’t met a person that doesn’t like cheddar cheese!
I would keep buffalo chicken dip in the refrigerator for about 2-4 days max. Just heat up in the microwave when you want a treat!
Sure! You can freeze leftover Buffalo Chicken Dip in a sealed airtight container. When you want to reheat it, just remove it from the freezer and allow to thaw – then add it to the microwave to reheat or into an oven-safe dish.
This Best Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe is our #1 Recipe here on All Things Mamma with over 1 million shares! It’s always a hit! If you like Buffalo Chicken Wings, you’ll LOVE this easy dip recipe!
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 2 12.5oz cans chunk chicken drained – 9.75oz or 12.5oz
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce such as Frank’s Red Hot – I like the Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery
- 1 box chicken-flavored crackers
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.2 12.5oz cans chunk chicken, 3/4 cup pepper sauce such as Frank’s Red Hot – I like the Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.2 8oz packages cream cheese, 1 cup Ranch dressing
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on Low setting until hot and bubbly.
- If cooking in the oven, add to a 450-degree oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks, baquette slickes, and crackers.1 bunch celery, 1 box chicken-flavored crackers
If you’re looking for more amazing recipes, check out these next!
Make sure to PIN this recipe on Pinterest to save for later and share with your friends!
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to products I love!
This Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect dip for any occasion!