These Breakfast Sliders are the perfect savory breakfast option! With sausage, eggs, cheese, and slider buns, they have everything you need to fuel your morning.
Whether you’re feeding a hungry crowd or looking for an easy grab-and-go breakfast option for your family, these breakfast sliders are the answer. Not only are they a delicious and creative way to start your day, they’re also simple to make at home.
Ready to spruce up your breakfast routine? Breakfast sliders to the rescue! Make sure to check out my Sausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole for another great way to start the day.
Easy Breakfast Sliders Recipe
If you’re in the mood for a fun and easy breakfast, breakfast sliders are perfect! They’re packed with all of your favorite breakfast staples like scrambled eggs, sausage, and cheese, and they’re so simple to make, they’re practically effortless.
The other thing I love about this breakfast sliders recipe is that it’s super easy to customize. You can buy pre-made breakfast sausage patties and save some time that way, or make this recipe meatless and swap in a plant-based patty.
Substitute Canadian bacon or bacon strips, add sautéed onions, use a different kind of cheese—you have so many options here!
Ingredients to make Sausage Sliders
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Pork breakfast sausage
- Unsalted butter
- Eggs – Here’s the best way to crack an egg!
- Whole milk
- Kosher salt – If you use table salt, use a touch less; it has smaller crystals than Kosher salt.
- Black pepper
- Sharp cheddar cheese
- Slider buns – You can substitute Hawaiian rolls or dinner rolls if you can’t find slider buns at your local grocery store.
How to Make Breakfast Sliders
- Prepare: Preheat the oven to 350ºF and shape 12 patties from the sausage.
- Cook the sausage patties: In a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat, cook the sausage patties until they are browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease on paper towels.
- Make the eggs: Mix together the eggs, milk, and seasoning. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat, then add the egg mixture to the pan and scramble until the eggs are fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Assemble the breakfast sliders: Cut the slider buns in half and put the bottoms in a 9×13 baking dish. Place a sausage patty and scrambled eggs on top of each bun bottom. Add the cheese, followed by the tops of the buns.
- Bake: Bake the breakfast sliders in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
How to Store and Reheat Breakfast Sliders
If you have leftover sliders, store them wrapped or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat them in a 350ºF oven or in the microwave until they’re warmed through. You can also freeze sliders for up to 2 months and reheat them in the oven or microwave from frozen.
These are perfect to prep and plan for a quick and easy breakfast for a school morning! A great way to make a well-rounded breakfast!
Serve your breakfast sliders with a side of fresh fruit for an easy breakfast. If you’re making these as part of a brunch, I suggest pairing them with a sweet breakfast recipe like Blueberry French Toast Casserole or Cinnamon Rolls so people can choose sweet or savory, or have a little of both!
Pork is the most traditional meat used to make breakfast sausage patties, but you can find sausage patties made with ground beef, chicken, turkey, and even plant-based meat substitutes.
A typical breakfast sandwich layers eggs, meat (bacon, Canadian bacon, or sausage), and cheese on some type of bread—a bagel, croissant, English muffin, or roll, usually. These breakfast sliders are the perfect handheld breakfast sandwich recipe!
- 2 lbs pork breakfast sausage
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8-10 slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 12 slider buns
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Form 12 patties from the sausage.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, cook the sausage patties until fully cooked. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix together the eggs, milk, and seasoning. Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the egg mix and scramble until fully cooked. Remove from heat.
- Cut the slider buns in half and place the bottoms into a 9×13 baking dish. Top each bottom with a sausage patty and scrambled eggs. Layer the cheese over the whole dish and place the bun tops on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.