Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon is a complete breakfast in a single baking dish! With crispy bacon, hash browns, eggs, and plenty of cheese, it’s always a hit for potluck brunches.
I can never resist a good breakfast casserole recipe! From Overnight Breakfast Casserole to Crockpot Breakfast Casserole and Ham & Cheese Breakfast Casserole, you have to love it when you can bake a satisfying, balanced breakfast all in one dish. While a lot of breakfast casseroles are made with sausage, I love that this Bisquick Breakfast Casserole is made with crispy, smoky bacon!
Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon Recipe
Bacon makes everything better, right?! If you’re one of those people who likes adding bacon to everything (*raises hand*), then you’re going to love this version of Bisquick Breakfast Casserole. It has so much flavor!
The other thing to know about this recipe is that because the eggs are mixed with Bisquick, it’s not eggy—so if you’re not a fan of the texture or taste of scrambled eggs or quiche, you’ll still enjoy this Bisquick Breakfast Casserole.
(Be sure to try my Farmer’s Breakfast Casserole too!)
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Frozen hash browns
- Bisquick – Use store-bought or homemade Bisquick.
- Whole milk
- Eggs – Here’s the best way to crack an egg!
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Scallions – These are optional.
How to Make Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon
Preheat the oven to 400ºF and grease a baking dish.
2. Cook the Bacon and Onions
Cook the bacon in a skillet set over medium heat until it’s crispy. Transfer it to a plate and sauté the onions in the bacon fat until they’re softened and translucent, about 5 minutes.
3. Start Layering the Casserole
Sprinkle bacon, onions, 1 cup of cheese, and hash browns in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
4. Add the Bisquick Topping
In a large mixing bowl, mix the Bisquick, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Pour this mixture into the baking dish.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the topping is cooked through. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and return the dish to the oven for 3 to 4 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Garnish with scallions, if using.
How to Store Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon
Store leftovers covered in the baking dish, or transfer them to an airtight container. Leftover casserole will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days; it can also be frozen for up to 3 months, then thawed in the refrigerator before reheating.
Can I use sausage in this Bisquick Breakfast Casserole?
Sure, if you prefer sausage to bacon, you can use your favorite breakfast sausage in this recipe.
How can I make this Bisquick Breakfast Casserole vegetarian?
You can use a vegetarian bacon or sausage, or you can swap in some sautéed veggies like mushrooms, bell peppers, or even zucchini!
What should I serve with Bisquick Breakfast Casserole?
This is a whole breakfast by itself, but you can round things out with fresh fruit, homemade buttermilk biscuits, or if you’re serving a crowd for a brunch, make a sweet breakfast casserole like my Easy Cinnamon Roll French Toast Casserole to complement this savory dish.
More Hearty Breakfast Bakes and Casseroles
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake
- Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole
- Crescent Roll Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
Bisquick Breakfast Casserole With Bacon
- 8 oz bacon cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 3 cups frozen hash browns
- 1 cup Bisquick
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 scallions green ends sliced thinly (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cook bacon until crispy over medium heat. Remove bacon and sautée onions in bacon fat until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- In a greased oven-proof 9×13 baking dish, sprinkle bacon, onions, 1 cup of cheese, and hash browns.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the Bisquick, milk, eggs, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Pour mixture into the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the mixture is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Bake for another 3-4 minutes to melt the cheese. Garnish with scallions.