This air fryer turkey breast recipe just might be the easiest turkey you’ll ever make! It’s incredibly juicy and full of flavor, with golden-brown skin and the perfect blend of seasonings.
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
You know you can use your air fryer to make crispy air fryer Brussels sprouts, perfect air fryer chicken breasts, and even air fryer pizza, but did you know you can also make roasted turkey in it? Yes!
This air fryer turkey breast is ideal for a small Thanksgiving celebration or even a weeknight meal. It’s much easier than roasting a whole turkey, and the results are just as delicious—maybe even more delicious!
Cooking turkey in an air fryer is a great way to get juicy, tender meat with crispy skin. And since the air fryer cooks food quickly and evenly, it’s practically impossible to overcook the turkey. This is especially helpful if you’re a new cook and aren’t sure how long to cook turkey.
Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
Another benefit of air fryer turkey is that it frees up your oven for side dishes. This is good news is you’re making this recipe for Thanksgiving, when oven space is at a premium. If you’re hosting a small Thanksgiving get-together, cooking your turkey in the air fryer is a no-brainer!
This recipe is easy to follow, even if you’ve never cooked turkey before. Simply rub the turkey breast with a blend of seasonings, then cook it in the air fryer until it’s golden-brown and cooked through. When it’s finished, the skin will be crispy, and when you cut into the turkey, it will be juicy and moist. So good!
If you’re looking for an easy, stress-free way to make turkey, this air fryer turkey breast recipe is perfect.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Fresh turkey breast – Use a skin-on, bone-in turkey breast, not a boneless turkey breast.
- Mayonnaise – My secret ingredient for perfect air fryer turkey breast!
- Unsalted butter – If you only have salted butter on hand, that’s fine too—just add less salt when seasoning the turkey.
- Herbes de Provence – This is a dried mixture of French herbs that includes lavender. Rosemary, thyme, or a combination of fresh herbs can be substituted if you prefer. You can also use poultry seasoning.
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Lemon zest – Fine zest is best.
- Kosher salt & black pepper
Before you get started, make sure you buy a turkey breast that fits into your air fryer basket! Bring measuring tape to the grocery store if you need to.
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Prepare: Preheat your air fryer to 350ºF. Mix the mayo, butter, seasonings, and lemon zest in a small bowl, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Season the Turkey: Pat the butter mixture over the whole turkey breast; make sure all sides of the turkey breast are evenly coated.
- Air Fry the Turkey Breast: Place the turkey skin side down in the air fryer basket. Cook for 25 minutes, then flip and cook for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF on a meat thermometer.
- Rest: Let the turkey rest for 10 to 12 minutes, then slice and serve. Tip: Letting the turkey rest is key to keeping it juicy!
How to Store Leftover Air Fryer Turkey Breast
Leftover air fryer turkey breast will keep in the fridge for 3 to 4 days when stored in an airtight container or wrapped in foil. You can also freeze it for up to 2 months. Turkey freezes best when it’s sliced, so if you have any leftovers, be sure to slice the meat before freezing it.
To reheat frozen turkey breast, thaw it in the fridge overnight, then reheat in a 350ºF oven until warmed through. You can also reheat frozen turkey breast in the air fryer. Simply cook it at 400ºF for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Pair this air fryer turkey breast with all the classic Thanksgiving sides like cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, and sweet potato casserole. If you’re serving this for a weeknight, I love pairing it with scalloped potatoes, roasted vegetables, or steamed broccoli.
Yes, you can cook a Butterball turkey breast in an air fryer. Simply follow the recipe above, and cook until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160ºF using an instant read thermometer.
To reheat a fully cooked turkey breast, place it in a 350ºF oven and heat until warmed through, or in a 400ºF air fryer for about 10 minutes.
If your turkey breast is frozen, you’ll need to either thaw it first or cook it for a longer amount of time in the air fryer.
You can cook turkey in foil in an air fryer, but it’s not necessary. The turkey will cook just fine without the foil.
More Turkey Recipes
Crockpot Turkey Breast
Easy Turkey Tetrazzini
Turkey Pot Pie
Classic Turkey Gravy
Soups and Salads
Leftover Turkey Soup
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 3-4 pound fresh turkey breast bone-in & skin-on
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 2 tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
- In a small mixing bowl, add the mayonnaise, butter, all the seasonings, and the lemon zest. Stir to fully combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the turkey breast all over (including the cavity) in the herb butter. Place in the air fryer, skin-side down, and cook for 25 minutes. Flip the turkey and cook for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the turkey reaches an internal temperature of 160F using an instant read thermometer. (The turkey will continue to cook as it rests)
- Let the turkey rest for 10-12 minutes before slicing and serving.