Air fryer pizza might just be the best way to use an air fryer! If you like crispy crust pizza, you’re going to love this easy recipe.
Forget the Chicago vs. New York style pizza debate—the best pizza isn’t from either of these cities. It’s from…your air fryer.
Bold statement, right? But seriously, when you make pizza in an air fryer, magic happens. The crust is soft on the inside and crispy on the outside, the toppings even get a little crispy, and you get it all in less time than it takes to get pizza delivered. For a really unique pizza night experience, you have to try air fryer pizza!
Crispy Air Fryer Pizza Recipe
The secret to making perfect pizza in an air fryer is to bake the crust a bit, then top it. This is how you get that amazingly crispy exterior, so don’t skip it! Once you’ve air fried the crust for 3 minutes, you’ll top it and cook it for a few minutes more. One average-size ball of homemade pizza dough makes two pizzas, or you can make four smaller pizzas and let everyone in the family choose their own toppings.
And when it comes to toppings? Well, the world is your oyster! Think of the air fryer pizza recipe below as a template, not something you have to follow. Swap out the pizza sauce for pesto or barbecue sauce, use your favorite cheese, go wild with the toppings, or just keep it simple and make margherita pizza with cheese, tomatoes, and basil.
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Pizza dough – A 12-ounce ball makes 2 pizzas. Use homemade pizza dough or store-bought
- Mozzarella cheese – Or your favorite cheese for topping pizza.
- Pizza sauce
- Olive oil
- Fresh basil
- Pizza toppings – Pepperoni, mushrooms, bell pepper, ham, onion, olives, Italian sausage, pineapple, bacon, etc. Use whatever you like!
How to Make Air Fryer Pizza
Preheat your air fryer to 375ºF and spray the tray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Roll Out the Dough
Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Divide it into two portions, then roll each into a circle (or rectangle) that fits into your air fryer. Poke holes in the dough with a fork.
3. Air Fry the Pizza Crust
Carefully transfer the dough to the air fryer basket and brush it with olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes.
4. Top and Finish
Spoon the pizza sauce onto the crust, leaving a border around the edges. Sprinkle on the cheese, followed by the toppings, and air fry the pizza for another 6 to 7 minutes. Garnish with basil before serving.
Tip: Air fryers work by blowing hot air, and sometimes this can blow the toppings off your pizza! You can use toothpicks to secure lighter items like pepperoni slices, or you can place heavier toppings, like rings of bell pepper or thick slices of mushroom, on the pepperoni to weigh it down.
How to Store Air Fryer Pizza
Wrap any leftover pizza tightly in plastic wrap or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’ll be good for 3-4 days. To reheat, place the pizza on a plate and microwave it for 1 minute, or heat it in the air fryer at 375ºF for 2 minutes. (You can totally eat it cold too. Maybe even for breakfast!)
You can reheat pizza in the air fryer at 375ºF for about 2 minutes, or until it’s warmed through. The exact amount of cooking time needed depends on the thickness of the crust.
Pizza takes about 10 minutes to cook in an air fryer. This includes cooking the crust for 3 minutes before adding the toppings.
Yes, you can use a pizza stone in an air fryer if you have an oven-style air fryer. Place the stone in the air fryer before preheating and cook the pizza according to your recipe instructions. You can also purchase pizza stones designed specifically for use in air fryers.
The secret to crispy air fryer pizza is to pre-cook the crust for 3 minutes before adding the toppings. This helps to crisp up the exterior of the crust so it’s nice and crispy when you bite into it.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Popcorn Chicken
- Air Fryer Parmesan Fries
- Easy Air Fryer French Fries
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Pizza
- 1 ball of pizza dough 12oz ball makes 2 pizzas
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup basil chopped
- optional toppings such as pepperoni, mushrooms, bell pepper, etc. (can leave this with cheese and basil only)
- Preheat the air fryer to 375F. Spray tray with non-stick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into two circles to fit into the air fryer tray. Dock – poke holes in the dough- with a fork. Gently lift and place the dough into the tray. Brush the dough with olive oil and cook for 3 minutes.
- Spoon the sauce onto the crust and add any toppings. Top the pizza with cheese and cook again for 6-7 minutes. Sprinkle with basil to garnish.