If your family is anything like my family…they LOVE Oreos and anything that contains Oreos. That’s why when I tried this scrumptious No Bake Oreo Dessert Recipe that our Pastor’s wife made at Church, I KNEW I had to have the recipe to share with you all!
It’s rich and full of flavor, yet light and creamy. A favorite with everyone who’s tried it, you can’t miss on this Oreo Dessert for your next Pot Luck or family dinner!
Here’s The How-To:
1 pkg Oreos
½ stick butter
One 8 ounce pkg cream cheese – softened
1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding – note: do not make the pudding AND use the milk below. Only add the 3 cups in these directions.
One 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
3 cups milk TOTAL – SEE note below
1 cup sugar
NOTE: Some people have had trouble with this setting up – I have not. I’ve used skim, 2% and whole milk. I believe that WHOLE MILK is best. IF you are concerned it may not set up, I think it’s ok to use a little less milk – 1.5 to 2 cups. Alternatively, you could use 3 cups milk and TWO small packages of instant pudding or ONE larger package.
Crush Oreos in a 9×13 pan – saving a few for topping later. Pour melted butter over crushed oreos.
Fold Cool Whip into pudding mixture and spread over Oreos.
Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos on top. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving.
** I made this batch with Double Stuffed Oreos, but you could really use any flavor of Oreo you’d like, along with changing up the pudding used, as well! Next time, I’m going with Mint Oreos! This No Bake Oreo Dessert Recipe is sure to be a hit in your house, too!
UPDATE: 3/31/2014 – I made this yet again and it turned out perfectly! I used whole milk this time and it set up and was nice and thick within a few hours.
Serves: 24 servings
- 1 pkg Oreos
- ½ stick butter - melted
- One 8 ounce pkg cream cheese – softened
- 1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding – note: do not make the pudding AND use the milk below. Only add the 3 cups in these directions.
- One 8 ounce container of Cool Whip
- 3 cups milk TOTAL – SEE note below
- 1 cup sugar
- Crush Oreos and place in a 9×13 pan - saving a few for topping
- Pour melted butter over Oreos
- Mix pudding, milk, cream cheese, and sugar together with a mixer in a large bowl.
- Fold Cool Whip into pudding mixture and spread over Oreos
- Sprinkle remaining crushed Oreos on top.
- Chill for 2-3 hours for best results
* Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to items I love to share with you!
If you like this post – you’ll want to check these out, too!
No-Bake Graham Cracker Pie – a family favorite!
Easy Cheesecake Recipe – just follow the directions! Easy!
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dessert – so delicious! Made with a pretzel crust! YUM!