This Strawberry Bread recipe is a perfectly moist sweet bread full of bright berry flavor. Perfect as a dessert, snack, or breakfast!
Is there anything better than fresh strawberries? They’re one of those fruits you can buy year-round, but they’re always best when you can get them in season in the spring and summer, when they’re cheaper and so delicious that it’s hard to resist picking them up by the handful. If you found yourself going a little overboard when strawberries were on sale at the grocery store, this strawberry bread is the perfect way to use them up!
Easy Strawberry Quick Bread Recipe
If, like me, you love strawberries, then you’re going to love this easy strawberry bread recipe! It’s simple to make, and the end result is a delicious, moist loaf of bread that’s perfect for breakfast, snack time, or even a dessert. (Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream—so good!)
Just like banana bread, zucchini bread, and pumpkin bread, this strawberry bread is a quick bread recipe, which means there’s no yeast and the batter comes together in a matter of minutes. If you like, you can pour it into a muffin tin to make strawberry muffins, or you can add a handful of chocolate chips to make chocolate chip strawberry bread!
(Love banana bread recipes? Try my Strawberry Banana Bread too!)
See recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
For the Cake:
- All-purpose flour – You’ll need some for the batter and some for dusting the berries to keep them from sinking to the bottom of the loaf pan.
- Baking powder
- Kosher salt
- Granulated sugar
- Whole milk
- Vegetable oil – You can use canola oil if that’s what you have on hand.
- Egg – Here’s the best way to crack an egg.
- Strawberries – Here’s a tip for refreshing your strawberries if they’ve started to get soft!
For the Glaze:
- Powdered sugar
- Whole milk – You can use lemon or orange juice instead to add a citrus flavor to your glaze!
How to Make Strawberry Bread
Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease a 9×5 loaf pan with cooking spray or butter.
2. Mix the Dry Ingredients
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Mix the Wet Ingredients
In a separate mixing bowl, lightly beat the sugar, milk, oil, and egg until smooth.
4. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients
Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and stir to combine. Toss the strawberries in the flour until they’re fully coated and fold them into the batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake the strawberry bread for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean. Let the bread cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the pan, then transfer it to a wire rack to finish cooling.
6. Glaze the Bread
Whisk together the milk and sugar in a small bowl, adding more milk to thin the glaze if needed. Pour the glaze over the loaf and let it set before slicing.
How to Store Strawberry Bread
If you plan on eating your strawberry bread within a few days, you can store it wrapped at room temperature. However, if you want the bread to last for a full week, it’s best to store it in the fridge, either wrapped or in an airtight storage container. Just be sure to bring the bread back to room temperature before serving, as cold bread can be dense and hard.
You can also freeze strawberry bread for up to 3 months. Let it thaw at room temperature before serving.
What goes well with strawberry bread?
If you’re serving strawberry bread for breakfast, I think it’s the perfect complement to a savory breakfast like a Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake or Sausage Hashbrown Breakfast Casserole. When making strawberry bread for a gift, I often pair it with another loaf cake or quick bread and tuck them into a basket—try my Lemon Pound Cake or Sour Cream Banana Bread.
Can I use other berries in this recipe?
Absolutely! You can use a combination of different berries or swap the strawberries for raspberries or blueberries.
Can I use frozen strawberries to make strawberry bread?
Yes, you can use frozen strawberries to make strawberry quick bread. Let them thaw and drain in a colander before adding them to the batter.
More Recipes for Strawberry Season
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ea large egg
- 1 ½ cups diced strawberries
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour for dusting
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp whole milk more if needed
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the sugar, milk, oil, and egg. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir to just combined. Toss the strawberries in the flour to coat and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. All the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing it onto a wire rack to finish cooling.
- For the glaze, combine both ingredients and stir to combine adding more milk if needed for the desired consistency. Once the bread has cooled to room temperature, pour the glaze over the loaf.