Assemble this Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole full of sausage, potatoes, eggs, and cheese in the evening and bake it in the morning. It’s the perfect way to start the day!
The perfection of the flavors is perfect for Christmas morning and makes the best leftovers as well. When I’m craving an egg casserole, this is my go-to dish! When I’m craving an egg casserole, this is my go-to dish!
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
One of my favorite parts of the day is breakfast. I am one of those people that has to eat something to start the day. Plus, it’s good for you!
I especially like to eat breakfast when it’s as delicious as this Overnight Breakfast Casserole! There’s a reason this easy breakfast casserole is requested by my family over and over again.
How to Make Overnight Breakfast Casserole
A layer of crescent rolls, sausage, hash brown potatoes, cheese and eggs in a 9×12 casserole dish makes up this delicious Overnight Breakfast Casserole that you’re going to flip for! My family looks forward to it every time we make it.
- hashbrown potatoes
- cheese – I love to use sharp cheddar cheese in this recipe. Don’t forget to sprinkle extra cheese on top.
- crescent rolls – Some people make this with bread and bread cubes, but the flavor of the rolls is key.
Instructions to make easy Egg Casserole
Step 1. Add dough to the pan
Place crescent dough in the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
Step 2. Layer the sausage
Layer sausage, potatoes & cheese in the order given.
Step 3. Mix ingredients
Mix eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Pour over casserole.
Step 4. Put in the fridge
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Step 5. Let rest
Let rest on the counter while the oven preheats to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until eggs are just set in center, being careful to not overbake. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Variations for this Simple Breakfast Casserole
You could definitely switch up the meat or cheese in this casserole to make it to your liking. Try ham and swiss or bacon and colby jack. It’s going to be good!
If you want to add a health factor, add in spinach, onions, fresh pepper slices, or even some different flavors of cooked sausage, too. This egg mixture is really versatile.
My favorite way to serve Overnight Breakfast Casserole is to serve it with mixed fruit and coffee cake or cinnamon rolls. Mmmm! It’s the perfect breakfast or brunch meal!
Breakfast Casserole FAQS
Can you freeze breakfast casseroles?
Do you cover breakfast casserole when baking?
I bake this breakfast casserole uncovered.
Can you reheat a breakfast casserole?
When it’s time to reheat, allow the dish to come to room temperature before putting it into a hot oven. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a leftover egg-, potato- or meat-based breakfast casserole with a piece of foil so the moisture will not escape and to ensure even heating.
You can also watch me make this on Good Day Marketplace!
Overnight Breakfast Casserole
- 1 pkg refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 lb browned hot sausage
- 1 half package of Ore-Ida O’Brien frozen potatoes
- 2 cups shredded cheese I like cheddar
- 2 cups milk I like whole milk
- 6 eggs
- Place crescent dough in the bottom of a greased 9×13 pan.
- Layer sausage, potatoes & cheese in order given.
- Mix eggs and milk together in large bowl. Pour over casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Let rest on counter while oven preheats to 350 degrees. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until eggs are just set in center, being careful to not overbake. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.