One-Pan Baked Salmon & Asparagus is an easy and healthy 30-minute meal with amazing flavor – perfect for an easy summer dinner idea!
This simple lunch or dinner recipe packs a ton of flavor and health benefits as well. To say that this is my favorite oven-baked salmon recipe is true!
And since this is the best-baked salmon recipe out there, you’re going to want to whip up some tasty side dishes as well. This Summer Cobb Salad Recipe goes along perfectly with it, too! Don’t forget to finish off the meal with this Oreo Fluff Dessert!
In my opinion, this is the best way (and one of my favorite ways!) to cook various types of salmon. Since you’re using simple ingredients, there is minimal baking time for this easy baked salmon recipe.
One-Pan Baked Salmon and Asparagus
I’ve always been a big fan of salmon but I always struggled with how long to bake salmon in the oven. I felt like I was constantly second-guessing myself and wondering if I’d done it right.
This is why I’m super stoked about this simple salmon recipe. It’s light on the tummy but heavy in flavor and taste!
And just because we’re talking all things salmon, make certain to give this Cream Cheese & Smoked Salmon Toast a try, too. It’s a great breakfast to give you tons of energy during the day!
The other thing I want to point out about this salmon recipe is that a little bit of seasoning really does go a long way. Plus adding in the fresh asparagus makes it such a healthy dinner!
If you’re a fan of picking up fresh salmon from the market, I highly suggest this recipe! It’s an easy way to make a quick dinner that gives everyone individual portions. Keep in mind that the cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the salmon. You can even bake a large piece of salmon and share it as the main dish.
If you’re looking for a quick weeknight dinner that will hit all the cravings and flavors, you really can’t go wrong with this simple oven-baked salmon recipe.
I’ve used this as a go-to backup recipe for quite some time and it’s never failed me yet!
Cooking salmon in the oven is a fast and easy way to bake salmon. Top with a little bit of lemon zest from fresh lemons, and every side of salmon will be loaded with flavor.
- Large salmon fillet – You can use fresh or frozen for this!
- Asparagus spears – So great if you have some homegrown in your garden!
- Salt and pepper to taste – staples that all recipes need!
- Butter – Salted butter would be great for this recipe! Garlic butter would also be a great option, too!
- Lemon – Because we all know that lemon and salmon were meant to be!
- Minced garlic – You can never have too much garlic!
- Optional: fresh herbs for topping
How to Make One-Pan Baked Salmon and Asparagus
This simple baked salmon recipe is a fast 30-minute meal! Easy weeknight dinner recipe for the kids!
1. Preheat the oven
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray.
2. Put the salmon on the pan
Arrange salmon in the center of the pan and arrange asparagus around the sides of the pan. Arrange lemon slices under the edges of the salmon. Season salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper.
3. Melt the butter
In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Once melted stir in garlic and pour the mixture over salmon and asparagus.
Bake for 10 minutes, then change oven to broil and cook another 5-7 minutes. Top with fresh herbs if desired and serve.
Tips for Making Baked Salmon
For a medium to medium-well cook on your salmon, remove the salmon from the oven when it reaches 125-130 degrees F, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
What temp should salmon be cooked?
To ensure that your salmon is cooked all the way, you’re going to want to make certain that it has an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Make certain that when you’re checking the temp, you’re testing it in the thickest part of the fillet for an accurate reading.
How do you not overcook salmon?
If you’re worried that your salmon is going to dry out, make certain to pull it out of the oven as indicated in step 5 in the recipe directions and give it time to rest.
What can you add to bump up the flavor of cooked salmon?
You can also add some extra lemon juice on top for some extra liquid and flavor. The more fresh herbs that you add, the more flavor it’s going to have the next day! For the best results, pay attention to this easy recipe. It really does tell you the easiest way to cook up salmon. Almost anything that you add to this tasty salmon recipe is going to be a hit because it’s the easiest recipe, ever!
Enjoy this super simple baked salmon recipe!
If you like this simple salmon recipe, try these other recipes next!
One-Pan Baked Salmon and Asparagus
- 1 large salmon fillet ( 4-6 single portion fillets)
- 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter
- juice of 1 medium lemon, plus additional lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- optional: fresh herbs for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Arrange salmon in the center of the pan and arrange asparagus around the sides of the pan. Arrange lemon slices under the edges of the salmon. Season salmon and asparagus with salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Once melted stir in garlic and pour the mixture over salmon and asparagus.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then change oven to broil and cook another 5-7 minutes. Top with fresh herbs if desired and serve.
- For a medium to medium-well cook on your salmon, remove the salmon from the oven when it reaches 125-130 degrees F and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Pin this image for later!