One of our favorite nights of the week in the Schwartz household is TACO NIGHT!! We usually have a mixture of soft and hard taco shells with taco hamburger meat and lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream. Always delicious! But, to mix things up a bit, I’m taking the McCormick’s Pinterest Taco Night Challenge and making something totally different – Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Mango Slaw.
All three were a perfect compliment to this meal. Having never used “dried” jalapeno peppers, I wondered how the flavor would turn out and it was great and no burning fingertips from cutting up the fresh ones!
This recipe seems like it will take a little while to prepare, but it really doesn’t. It took me about 40 minutes from preparing the marinade to serving it! Not bad at all! Even for a weeknight!
Try this recipe for Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Mango Slaw the next time it’s Taco Night at your house! It’s a winner!
Fish Tacos with Jalapeno Mango SlawPrint Pin Rate Add to Collection Go to Collections
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Gourmet Collection Jalapeño Peppers Diced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Gourmet Collection Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound Catfish Fillets
- 1 cup corn meal
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 mango peeled, pitted and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 6 flour tortillas 6-inch
- Mix oil, lime juice, cilantro, jalapeño peppers, honey, garlic powder and salt in small bowl with wire whisk. Reserve 1/4 of the marinade. Pour remaining marinade into large resealable bag. Add catfish; turn to coat well. Refrigerate 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix cabbage, mango and onion in large bowl. Add reserved marinade; toss to coat. Cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove catfish from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Coat with cornmeal and fry in skillet. Flip when bottom side is golden brown. Remove to plate covered with paper towels.
- To serve, place 1 fillet on each tortilla. Top with slaw and serve immediately.
Take your own McCormicks Pinterest Taco Night Challenge and be entered to WIN one of 30 kits of assorted spices from McCormicks for one of your future Taco Nights! Here’s the deal!
*Disclosure I received compensation from The Motherhood and McCormick to create and share this recipe with you. All opinions are my own.