Slow Cooker Mississippi roast is the perfect Crockpot recipe for a special family meal or quick weeknight dinner. Add your favorite toasted bread to turn this classic comfort food into your new favorite sandwich recipe. You’re going to love the flavor and tenderness of this Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe.
Mississippi Roast Sandwiches
My family always gives this rave reviews and I have to agree. This crock pot Mississippi pot roast is one of those dinner recipes that the whole family loves.
I don’t know about you, but my slow cooker is my best friend during the winter. It’s just so cold that I crave warm, comforting (and EASY) meals. And this slow cooker recipe is so easy, you’ll want to make it all the time!
Basically, you just throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker, turn it on low, and walk away until you’re ready to eat. Then you turn your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours and let it cook, baby! Once it’s done and you’re ready to eat, you just grab two forks and shred it all up, and either leave it right in the slow cooker or add it to a bowl to have your family help themselves.
You just can’t go wrong with slow cooker meals. This Slow Cooker Mississippi Roast is one of my favorites along with my Crock Pot Chicken Tacos, Crock Pot Pulled Pork, and White Chicken Chili. Still want more? Try these 10 Melt in Your Mouth Pot Roast Recipes.
- Beef – I like to use chuck roast for this recipe because it just results in the most juicy, tender meat.
- Peppers – Control your spice level with a jar of mild, medium, or hot pepperoncinis.
- Butter – Butter really adds richness to this dish.
- Seasonings – You will need Au Jus gravy mix seasoning and a dry Ranch seasoning mix for this Mississippi roast recipe.
- Toppings – There are so many ways to serve this delicious roast! I like to toast a few buns and turn it into a sandwich, but you can easily switch that up depending on the occasion.
Slow Cooker Recipe Steps
First, place the roast in your slow cooker, then top the roast with your seasoning packets and rub in. Next, add a jar of pepperoncini peppers and top with the butter. After that, cook your Mississippi roast on low for 6-8 hours.
Then, when the roast is tender, shred the meat with two forks. The roast should be falling apart!
Now, cut a loaf of your favorite bread into sandwich slices and slice them open.
Finally, add cheese to the bread and top with your delicious Mississippi roast meat!
Tips & Variations
- I like to serve my Mississippi Roast on crusty bread and top it with provolone cheese. You can also add a little mayo or ranch dressing if you’d like.
- Store any leftover roast in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days! I love to use my leftovers for sandwiches or even to top off a salad during the week.
- You don’t necessarily need fancy meat shredders for this recipe. The tender roast should easily shred simply using a few kitchen forks.
You can serve this roast with any of your favorite side dishes! My favorite side to have with this sandwich is my Easy Pasta Salad. You can also serve this classic pot roast with mashed potatoes, or other delicious low-carb sides.
Technically, you do not need to add water to cook Mississippi roast in the Crockpot. You can add a little water to create steam or use a broth or stock to add flavor to your meat.
Cook your Mississippi roast on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. That being said, I recommend cooking on LOW for the most tender meat.
I prefer to use chuck roast, especially in this slow cooker Mississippi roast recipe, because the meat just becomes so fall-off-the-fork tender, making it super easy to shred. You can also use a brisket or round cut, but you’ll probably need to slice rather than shred that meat.
If you prefer to make this Mississippi roast recipe in the oven instead of a slow cooker, you can follow the same seasoning steps and then place in the oven at 350 degrees F for 2 to 2½ hours.
Use leftovers for easy lunches or as leftovers for a delicious dinner. Once you shred meat, it opens the doors for lunch recipes and other delicious recipes. I love to add some sliced peppers because simple ingredients always make the best amazing shredded beef recipes. If you have a love of food, this delicious pot roast is seriously the best.
This is literally the best pot roast recipe, ever. It has so much flavor and takes little effort to make. If you’re looking for a recipe packed with slow cooker goodness, you’re not going to want to miss out on this.
More Delicious Slow Cooker Recipes
Mississippi Roast Sandwiches
- 1 4 pound beef chuck roast
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 jar pepperoncini peppers 1
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet dry au jus mix
- crusty loaf of bread or rolls
- provolone cheese optional
- Place roast in slow cooker
- Top roast with seasoning packets and rub in.
- Add jar of pepperoncini peppers – mild or hot
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Shred with two forks when tender and falling apart
- Cut loaf of bread into sandwich sizes and slice open
- Add cheese to bread and top with meat