Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars are a quick and easy dessert bar recipe that uses a box cake mix for the best flavor and ease! Soft, chewy, and covered with the best buttercream sugar cookie frosting – you’re going to love this easy dessert!
These Funfetti bars with cake mix are the perfect spring dessert! All you need are 5 simple ingredients to get started!
Make up a batch of these cookie bars for a fun weekend snack or a super unique dessert option for a birthday celebration.
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars With Cake Mix
This quick and easy dessert recipe will have everyone rushing to the kitchen to grab a square! I love how moist and dense they are and they allow me to bake without any real stress or worry at all. They always turn out!
And since you only need a handful of ingredients from your pantry to make this simple cake mix dessert, it’s one that you can easily cook up the moment that anyone gets this sweet craving.
Our family has tested out these cake mix cookie bars MANY times and I can promise you it’s delicious and simple to do.
Make certain to check out our Sugar Cookie Bars as well for another easy dessert idea using cake mix.
For this simple Funfetti cake mix cookie bars recipe, you’ll need:
- Funfetti Cake Mix – Pillsbury, Betty Crocker, and Duncan Hines make delicious cake mix options.
- Sugar Cookie Mix – I normally grab the bag mix from Betty Crocker for only $1!
- Butter – make sure to use unsalted butter
- Eggs – room-temperature eggs always seem to do better with baking.
- Vanilla – a good vanilla extract is key to good flavor!
You’ll also need your favorite frosting (or you can try this homemade frosting recipe) and sprinkles for the top, too!
How to Make Funfetti Cookie Bars
Step 1: Preheat the oven
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Be certain to grease a 13X9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Cream
In a large bowl, mix the cookie mix, Funfetti cake mix, butter, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla using a mixer. Mix on low speed for about 30 seconds of time. Then change to medium speed and beat for about 1 minute. Pour into your pan.
This mixture will be VERY thick. You may need to use clean hands to press it down.
Step 3: Bake
Put in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, let the cookie bars cool for about 1 1/2 hours. Since the batter is so dense and thick, it may sink a little in the middle. Just frost right over it! 🙂
Frost with my Sugar Cookie Frosting or your favorite store-bought frosting and top with sprinkles. Don’t forget to add in a few drops of your favorite food coloring to the frosting for a fun addition!
How do you know when cookie bars are done baking?
Your nose will start to smell them but you can also do the toothpick test to see. Put a clean toothpick into the bars and pull it out. If the toothpick is clean, they’re ready to be pulled from the oven.
Why is my frosting melting off the cookie bars?
More than likely, you didn’t let the cookie dessert cool down completely. If the dessert is still hot or warm, the icing will end up melting right off the top.
How to store leftover Funfetti Bars
Storing these dessert bars is easy! Just add a lid to the container and keep it in the fridge. They should be fine for the next couple of days without issue. (although I highly doubt that they’re going to last that long!)
Craving more cake mix recipes? Here are some of our other easy favorite desserts using a cake mix!
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie Bars
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Peanut Butter Cookies
Funfetti Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1 pouch 1 lb 1.5 oz sugar cookie mix
- 1 box Funfetti white cake mix
- 1 cup butter melted and slightly cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Be certain to grease a 13X9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cookie mix, Funfetti cake mix, butter, eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla using a mixer. Mix on low speed for about 30 seconds of time. Then change to medium speed and beat for about 1 minute. Pour into your pan.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, let the cookie bars cool for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Frost with my Sugar Cookie Frosting or your favorite store-bought frosting and top with sprinkles. Don't forget to add in a few drops of pink food coloring to the frosting!