These air fryer boneless chicken thighs are crispy, juicy, and ready in minutes, making them perfect for a weeknight dinner. Once you try this recipe, you’ll never bake chicken thighs in the oven again!
I have to admit, I am relying on my air fryer a lot this month. After all of the cookies and cakes and pies I’ve been enjoying the past two months, I am so ready for some lighter fare. Plus, the air fryer is easy, and I’m so ready for effortless dinners too. Case in point? This recipe for air fryer boneless chicken thighs, which is ready in under 20 minutes.
Easy Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs Recipe
It’s hard to choose what’s best about the air fryer: how simple it is to use or how you can use it to get super crispy chicken without deep frying. Air fryer chicken breasts and air fryer popcorn chicken are two staples for my family, but when boneless skinless chicken thighs were on sale at the grocery store, I wanted to give them a try in the air fryer too.
I’m so glad I did! They turned out absolutely perfect, with that crispy exterior everyone loves, plus a juicy interior. And it all comes together in minutes! You just rub a quick homemade seasoning blend onto the chicken thighs, then pop them in your air fryer for about 13 minutes. Super, super simple and just what we all need right now after a few months of holiday excess!
- Boneless skinless chicken thighs – Pat them dry with paper towels before you season them.
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Smoked paprika – You could use regular paprika instead, but trust me: smoked paprika is so worth it. It makes everything taste amazing!
- Onion powder
- Black pepper
You can use seasoning salt, cajun seasoning, lemon pepper seasoning, or another spice blend instead of the spices listed above. I think I might even try taco seasoning and serve these air fryer chicken thighs with Corn, Avocado & Cilantro Salad for a Tex-Mex inspired dinner!
How to Make Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
Preheat your air fryer to 400ºF and place the boneless chicken thighs in a large bowl. Toss them with a drizzle of olive oil, making sure they’re evenly coated.
Combine the spices in a small bowl, then rub this mixture over the chicken thighs.
3. Air Fry the Chicken Thighs
Coat your air fryer basket with non-aerosol cooking spray. Arrange the chicken thighs in the basket and cook for 12 to 14 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165ºF. (To get the chicken thighs crispy on both sides, flip them over at the halfway point.)
What to Serve With Boneless Skinless Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Here are some perfect sides to serve with your air fryer chicken thighs:
- Broccoli Casserole
- Easy Cheesy Potatoes
- Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole
- Potatoes Au Gratin
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts
How to Store and Reheat Leftover Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
You can refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for 3 or 4 days. I recommend reheating in the air fryer, which is a great way to keep chicken from drying out.
What temperature do you cook chicken thighs in an air fryer?
Cook chicken thighs at 400ºF. It makes the outside crispy, but it’s not so hot that the inside is undercooked when you cut into it. In other words, it’s the perfect temperature!
Can you put raw chicken in the air fryer?
Yes, you can! There’s no need to precook your chicken when using an air fryer.
Is air fryer chicken healthier?
Compared to deep frying chicken in oil, an air fryer is much healthier. You only need a fraction of the oil and you’ll still get that irresistibly crispy exterior.
How long does it take to air fry chicken thighs?
While the exact answer here depends on your model of air fryer and the size of the chicken thighs, it takes around 13 minutes.
More Weeknight Chicken Dinner Recipes
- The Easiest Baked Cheesy Chicken with Mushrooms
- Chicken Spaghetti
- Easy Grilled BBQ Chicken
- Easy White Chicken Enchiladas
- Baked Lemon Chicken Thighs & Potatoes
Air Fryer Boneless Chicken Thighs
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken thighs patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towel then drizzle with oil and toss to coat.
- Combine seasonings in a small bowl. Rub over chicken thighs.
- Coat basket with non-aerosol cooking spray then place thighs in air fryer basket and cook for 12-14 minutes, flipping half way if desired, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.