Family dinner time around the table is important to our family. Even when the kids were little, we’d all sit down together as much as possible. It was a great time to catch up on the day and things to come. As the kids have gotten older, we have less nights we’re all together at the same time because of school activities and sports practices. But, when we are all home, we make sure to sit down together. We don’t always have a big meal and may have something like quesadillas, pizza or chicken and rice. But, when we have time, I try to make something we all like and enjoy. It just makes my mom heart happy to see my family happy and enjoy my food. One of their favorites is my Creamy Tomato Basil Penne Pasta. It’s always a hit!
I make this dish for new parents, sick friends and even for birthdays. It’s just a comforting meal. Pair the creamy pasta with a salad and bread – and you have a delicious meal! I always make it from scratch – but have recently found that Bertolli has a sauce that makes it just right!
If I can use a quality product that allows me to save time – I’m all for it!
I decided to use Bertolli Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce the last time I made this dish and it turned out great! My family raved about how delicious it was and never knew it wasn’t made from scratch. I’d call that a dinner WIN!
Try out the NEW Bertolli Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce the next time you need a delicious home cooked meal. If you need some inspriation, try my Creamy Tomato and Basil Penne Pasta. It’s bound to be a family favorite!
Creamy Tomato and Basil Penne Pasta
- 1 jar Bertolli Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic diced small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- dash of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- fresh basil
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Heat butter and oil over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and saute for a minute or so. Pour in tomato sauce and add salt, pepper, and sugar to taste. Stir and cook over low heat for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta water.
- Remove sauce from heat and stir in cream. Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add pasta to sauce and top with chopped basil
- Serve immediately. (Thin with pasta water before adding basil if needed.)
Bertolli® brand pasta sauce and Kroger are sponsoring a ‘Taste of Italy’ program in stores from September 23rd through October 11th. The Kroger sponsored Taste of Italy program® offers shoppers a simple and delicious way to use the classic Bertolli® taste that you love to a range of culinary applications. Give yourself, your family, and your friends the delicious, Tuscan-inspired taste that they have been craving.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bertolli®. The opinions and text are all mine.