Creamy Lemon Garlic Chicken Chicken Pasta is a delicious comfort dish that never disappoints. Parmesan-crusted chicken on top of amazing lemon garlic fettuccini pasta ready in 30 minutes!
Pin this recipe now to save it for laterPin Recipe
Pasta is always a favorite in my household, whether it’s my Creamy Tomato and Basil Penne Pasta, Chicken Spaghetti, or Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta. It’s easy, delicious, and I know when I make it, there won’t be any leftovers! This Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken is a recipe that’s on frequent rotation—and once you give it a try, I bet you’ll be making it again and again too.
Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken Recipe
Cooking meals for my husband (and the rest of my family!) has always been how I show love for them. Our entire family loves this Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken, which I’ve been making for years. When I have this meal on the dinner table, my family knows it’s extra special!
A comforting pasta dinner seems to cure all in our home! I’ve been eating this pasta since I was a young girl and now I feed it to my entire family. My family loves pasta paired with the extra-special creamy lemon garlic sauce recipe that’s been in my family for generations.
Grab My Favorite Tools
Click on the products below to see my favorite tools for making this recipe!
Ingredients For Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta
- Chicken breasts – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are best. You can also use chicken tenderloins for smaller pieces of chicken.
- Salt and pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese – Use freshly grated parmesan cheese which is much more flavorful than dried parmesan.
- Egg – Here’s the best way to crack an egg!
- Panko bread crumbs – Panko breadcrumbs are larger than regular breadcrumbs and give the chicken more of a crunch. Look for Italian seasoned panko breadcrumbs which work great in this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Butter – I use unsalted butter when making this pasta recipe.
- White wine – I like to use Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc when making this dish. Be sure to choose a white wine that you actually like drinking, as the taste will come through the pasta. You can substitute chicken broth if you prefer.
- Heavy cream
- Italian seasoning – Italian seasoning is usually a mix of dried basil, parsley and oregano.
How to Make Creamy Lemon Garlic Pasta with Chicken
- Prepare the chicken: To three separate bowls add egg, parmesan, and panko bread crumbs. Dip each chicken breast into the egg first, then the parmesan, and finally the bread crumbs. Set aside.
- Cook the chicken: Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the olive oil. Once the olive oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked through. Remove to a plate while preparing the pasta.
- Cook the pasta: Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Make the cream sauce: Add butter to the skillet over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the garlic and stir for about a minute. Add in the heavy cream, lemon, white wine, and remaining seasonings. Stir well.
- Combine: Add the cooked and drained pasta to the cream sauce and mix well.
- Enjoy: Add the pasta to a plate and top with sliced chicken breasts. Garnish with fresh parsley and parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Cook the pasta just to the al dente stage. It will actually continue to cook when mixed with the hot sauce. It is better to be a little undercooked then continue to soften with the sauce than to be overly wet and soggy!
How to Store Creamy Lemon Pasta with Chicken
If you happen to have leftover chicken pasta, store it in an airtight conatiner and keep it in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can reheat the pasta in the microwave. Try adding a splash of milk to the bowl before reheating so the sauce doesn’t dry out.
You can also wrap the chicken seperately from the lemon pasta and store both in the fridge. When you are ready to eat, pop the chicken into your air fryer to get nice and crispy. Then, reheat the pasta seperately in the microwave. Combine the two and your chicken pasta dish will be as good as the day it was made!
Chicken broth is the best substitute for wine in this recipe. It will add to the chicken flavor and it is easy to find. Freeze any extra chicken broth and save it for the next time you make creamy lemon pasta!
Place one chicken breast inside a gallon-sized zippered plastic bag and close the bag. Place it on your work surface and then use a rolling pin to hit the chicken breast, making it almost double in size as you pound. This helps make your chicken very thin and perfect for breading and frying.
Once one chicken breast is done, remove it from the bag and add the next chicken breast. You can also use a meat mallet to pound chicken but I find this method to be much cleaner and neater.
Yes! You can use regular breadcrumbs instead of panko breadcrumbs. They will coat the chicken in a thicker layer of breading and be a little less crunchy. However, the chicken will still be delicious.
More Tasty Pasta Recipes
Creamy Tomato Pasta
Spicy Chicken Chipotle Pasta
15 Cozy Dinner Ideas for Cold Winter Days
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breasts – pounded into 4 – 5 thin chicken cutlets
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese more for serving
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces fettuccine
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- fresh Parsley chopped, for garnish
- To three separate bowls add egg, parmesan, and panko bread crumbs. Dip each chicken breast into the egg first, then the parmesan, and finally the bread crumb. Set aside.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the olive oil.
- Once the olive oil is hot, add the chicken breasts and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side until the outside is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove to a plate while preparing the pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions and drain.
- Add butter to the skillet over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the garlic and stir around for about a minute.
- Add in the heavy cream, lemon, white wine, and remaining seasonings. Stir well.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta to the cream sauce and mix well.
No amounts on each ingredients given.